PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of Relora?

Michaela
04-01-04, 21:19
Hi Peeps

I was just wondering if any of you have heard of a new herbal tablet called Relora. It says that it is supposed to be the new Kava Kava which is no longer recommended. It's made of Magnolia and something else I can't remember. The website www.relora.co.uk (I think) gives all the write up.

I have ordered some and yet have been a bit nervous about taking them, just in case they don't make me feel very nice (as if I could feel any worse - lol !!). The website says you can take them just when you feel anxious, or three a day.

Just a thought, which I hope helps. Next time I am feeling anxious, I will try one and let you all know the consequences. It can't really be that bad ... can it? [?]

Michaela

nomorepanic
04-01-04, 21:59
Michaela

I would be interested in hearing how you get on with it - so please let us know.

It looks good to me. Let's see if anyone else knows about it

Nicola

Viney
01-01-07, 22:42
Hi All

I have been taking Magnolia & Rhodiola Complex which has Relora, Rhodiola Rosae and L-Theanine for about the last 6 months and my PANIC ATTACKS are now 95% gone. I can go in supermarkets on the tube and in crowds. I say 95% as I still get infrequent scares now and then if a tube is stuck for too long.

The product is made by Lifetime vitamins and is ONLY available from Victoria Health food shops. I get mine from the Edgware road branch in London.

This is the best product ever. It was previously called 'Calm and Calmer', and you may have read reviews on that in other groups/sites.

The only supplier is Victoria health in the UK. I emailed Lifetime vitamins to see if there were any others cheaper, but there is not. Victoria Health seem to be the sole supplier in the UK.

I found a change within 2 weeks and take two tabs a day, one in the morning and one at night.

Try one bottle and I think you will be amazed.

I DO NOT work for Victoria Health or Lifetime Vitamins. I do however suffer from Panic Attacks (much less now though) and am writing this to help you others who do not know about it.

If you find it cheaper elsewhere then please let me know.

Krakers
02-01-07, 04:34
Hi Viney - just looked them up on-line now.

Do you know whether you can take this suppliment with prescription meds ? I'm willing to give anything a try right now, but would hate to pay £20 only to find to read the little leaflet and find out its not for me.

Cheers for the help.

Krakers.

Viney
02-01-07, 08:29
I just typed a reply to this, but it did not appear:(
Oh well here goes again.

Hi Krakers

I had a similar concern as you. I have an underactive thyroid and am on Thyroxine. However, I emailed Victoria Health and got a reply from their pharmacist (Shabir), who was very helpful.

I explained my problem to him re the panic attacks and my concerns re the Throxine and he recommended this product to me. He said it was ok with my medication and I believe he is the pharmacist, so he should know. However, check his status when/if you reply.

In fact before I even bought the first bottle I sent him several emails re how long, how much, when does it take effect etc.

I also emailed Lifetime vitamins direct with some other questions (namely can I get it cheaper in the UK!) and they were good at replying as well.

I would suggest you email them both to allay your concerns. However, VH seem to be getting busier now so allow 2-3 days before you expect a reply from either VH or Lifetime.

HTH

Viney

Krakers
02-01-07, 19:47
Thanks a lot for the reply Viney - I'll drop them an Email later today when I've woken up a little.

My current medication is Mirtazapine, so if anyone else is on this medication and has tried the supplement, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Krakers.

Viney
02-01-07, 19:59
Your welcome Krakers

I am not sure what your medication is for, but I guess it is PA related. Make sure you do speak to them before you do anything.

If you do find any additional info please add it here as well.

Viney

Krakers
03-01-07, 00:11
Hi Viney - have thrown caution to the wind and ordered anyway. Along with Vitamin B Complex (read on another post could hep), and two books by Claire Weekes that have been raved about.

Glad you asked about my meds - I thought they were for Anxiety, but seems after re-reading the blurb they're anti-depressants. They're meant to have helped with my anxiety, but don't seem to do much.

I've also been prescribed Buspirone and that is for anxiety alone, but I don't take it anymore because it makes the top of my head feel like its coming off.

Anyway, will wait until I either hear back from their Pharmacist (Email went off earlier), or see my own GP before actually taking the supplement.

BTW - since finding out about the swallowing thing being a normal anxiety symptom, its barely bothered me today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Will keep you updated.

Krakers.

Viney
03-01-07, 08:32
Hi Krakers

Agree with you on the B Complex and I take that as well. I take a timed release one as they are meant to be better.

VH are very quick on their despatch. When you receive the supplement from VH, they always send one of their catalogue type thing. There is usually a whole A4 page on the product somewhere within it. Have a read of that and also show it to your doctor as he may not be aware of what the ingredients are.

Initially I thought the product was making no difference so I stopped takining it. However, within a week of stopping taking it I started to suffer from PA again. I then reordered another bottle and felt ok after it started taking effect again. I then stopped taking it again after another month or so and I started having PA again. Now I am back on it continuously I feel much better. Like I say 95%, but it means I do things like the shopping, motorway driving, lifts etc with little or no thought to PA most of the time now.

I would ask anyone who takes or has tried this product to add their experience to this thread, irrespective of whether it is GOOD or BAD. At present I can only speak for my own experience.

It gives a wider unbiased opinion on whether it works for all or not.

kt
04-01-07, 01:04
Hiya,
i just wanted to say that i was prescribed Relora 300mg by a kinesiologist who strongly recommended it. I still have the bottle with 22 of the 60 tablets left in it.
I honestly can't remember if it helped me or not, maybe i stopped taking them because i felt they weren't working or because i forgot to take them because i was feeling better!! [Duh!]
All i can remember is that they certainly didn't make me feel worse! I'm sure the kinesiologist told me that they help balance and maintain the cortisol levels that increase in your body when you are stressed.
Sorry if this hasn't been very helpful!

good luck though and keep us posted.

hugs, kt x

Fear makes the wolf look bigger!!

Krakers
04-01-07, 03:21
Hi - I got a response from Victoria Foods as follows ......

"Hi Krakers

Unfortunately you cannot take Magnolia Rhodiola with prescribed anti-depressants. I have checked with the Pharmacist and he recommends;

L-Theanine "

Still going to see the doc and take him the literature when it comes, but seems in no doubt they don't recommend any mixing.

Krakers.

Viney
04-01-07, 08:51
Hi Krakers

I was never on any medication via my Doctor as he was reluctant to prescribe it straightaway, so I never had the same issue as you.

Probably best to speak to your Doc and see what he says.

KT - Do you still suffer from PA now? If so, is that when you take the tablets? I had the same problem as you I initially stopped taking the Magnolia Complex as I felt so much better. It was only when I stopped taking them that I started feeling worse and realised they were what were helping me.

Krakers
11-01-07, 22:50
Hi all - I saw my Doctor the day before yesterday and took the supplement into him to get an opinion on it. I was suprised to see him googling for details on it - I thought they'd of had a lookup book or something.

Anyway after taking up 15 mins of his time (the other patients must have hated me) trying to either find clinical trials or discern what the active chemical ingredients are we had to give up. We decided against using it with my current medication just because we couldn't be sure.

The only herbal product the Ministry of Health have released a circular on regarding depression / anxiety is St Johns Wort. They don't recommend using this while on prescription meds.

So we've erred on the side of caution which I'm happy with for now as I'm now on new meds anyway.

Krakers.

kt
11-01-07, 23:31
Hi Viney,
sorry its taken so long to answer your question!
My panic attacks have lessened greatly. It is very difficult to pinpoint what has helped as i have tried many different things including: reading tons of books, antidepressants, cbt, homeopathic remedies, diets, and herbal remedies.
I still go through times where i feel like freaking out and get really anxious but haven't had a full blown attack for quite a few months now.
(touch wood!!)
I believe if you find something that helps then go for it!

best wishes, kt x

Fear makes the wolf look bigger!!

Viney
18-01-07, 22:53
Hi Kt

Thanks for the update. Good to know you feel better.

I was similar to you change my diet, read books, cbt etc. However I narrowed it down to te tablets because I stopped taking them and twice I started to relapse in to anxiety within the space of a week.

I suppose if you feel better now then you may not want to try stopping one of the things at a time until you can pin point the one that works, but it migt be an idea.

Same here no full blown attacks for quite some time. (Touching wood also)

Keep the board updated with any news

Viney

valeriej
21-01-07, 15:32
Thanks Viney, sounds very interesting.

I have just ordered some Magnolia Rhodiola Complex tablets from VictoriaHealth at:
http://www.victoriahealth.com/vhstore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=1468

Hope they come soon.

Valerie

Viney
21-01-07, 20:43
HI Valeriej

Yes those are the ones. When I order them they arrive within 1-2 days.

They are usually very quick at sending. If you dont receive them by then, give them a ring. they are friendly enough.

Please let me and the group know how you get on by posting here.

fingers crossed for you

Viney

Krakers
21-01-07, 21:16
Hi Viney - just thought I'd let you know. I stopped taking my new meds 5 days ago. I haven't been back to the doctor yet so thought I'd give Relora a try while its sat here. So far its day 2 - How long was it before you noticed a difference ?

Cheers .... Krakers.

Viney
21-01-07, 21:38
Hi Krakers

Is your doctor aware that you have stopped and aware of you trying the relora?

It took me 2 weeks before I noticed an initial change and then it was becomming more noticeable as the days went on.

Viney

valeriej
23-01-07, 17:39
I'm well pleased, only ordered Sunday and the tablets arrived today. Will take my first one shortly so will let you know how I go.

Could have done with them last week so they get into my system for tomorrow. Work counsellor tomorrow in another building and that always stresses me out (not seeing the counsellor but going across to the other building and up the closed in stairs - haven't done lifts for years).

Viney
26-01-07, 19:42
Hi valeriej

Let us know how it goes please. Thanks

Panic1971
01-03-07, 16:46
Has the Relora worked???

Thanks

valeriej
01-03-07, 18:56
Hiya

I've been taking this for about 5 weeks now. I'm not sure if it's helped or not. I was feeling pretty good though this week I've had a couple of setbacks but nothing really major and I coped better than I have previously. Saying that it's an off time for me (womans problems if you know what I mean) so that probably didn't help. I had an anxiety attack in the office today (a first) but with the help of music and deep breathing I got over it pretty quickly which I was pleased about.

I'm hoping it will work, along with a couple of positive thinking CDs I'm using and seeing the work counsellor every two weeks.

I'm taking two tablets a day - one morning and one late afternoon.

eight days a week
25-03-12, 19:07
Wow, amazing!

I read about this on a different forum, and googling it led me back here!

I'm very, very tempted to try this stuff :)