PDA

View Full Version : hey im new

rhiocarys
31-08-05, 22:10
hi im rhiocarys, and since having my darling baby girl ive been experiencing panic And anxiety attacks about dying and nasty stuff like that. I went to the doxtors today because i thought i was having a heart attack and u guessed it thought i was dying! i guess my fear is not being able to see my little baby girl whos 6 months old grow up, thats what i find myself thinking about, and that ill be 6 feet under long before she has kids, i cant be me anymore. Im her... the one with the panic and anxiety, the one who will be dead soon. i hate this. Please help me.I guess writing on this website is a way of finding help.
hello fellow panicers!
rhiocarys
xxxxxxxx

help me if u can im feeling down...... !!!!!

Quirky
31-08-05, 22:17
Welcome to the site Rhiocarys,
It's normal to feel that way when you have kids (so I'm told). I'm sure most parents think these things. A friends of mine who never gets anxious or panicky had these thought after she had her little boy.
Hope you find some good support here,
Take care,
LJ

jill
31-08-05, 22:19
Hi rhiocarys

WELCOME TO THE SITE,

There are lots of nice people here who
will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

seh1980
31-08-05, 22:19
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Trev
31-08-05, 22:23
Hi rhiocarys,
I know exactly what you mean about the fear of dropping dead thing and the related panic attacks etc.
If it helps you to know I was feeling really bad with this up until only a few weeks ago. But lately I've been pretty ok with it. I've found that one of the best things is to distract yourself by doing something you enjoy and can get into. I know it's easy said and hard done but if you can do it enough it seems to give your body and mind a chance to rest and relax a bit and you can build from there. You need to get some positive thoughts in place of the negative ones. And from my experience it seems like it takes a little time for your body to "catch up" so don't expect immediate results but stick with it, relax as much as possible, and try to keep positive.

The bottom line is to remember that you can get through it. :D

All the best,
Trev

curlybird
31-08-05, 22:32
Hi rhiocarys,

Welcome to the website - you're in the right place for help and advice :D

Take care - speak soon
Luv Curlz
XXX

Piglet
31-08-05, 22:39
A big welcome to the site [8D]

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
31-08-05, 22:48
Hi Rhiocarys

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
31-08-05, 23:35
Hi Rhiocarys

Did your doctor offer any help ?

These thoughta are not unusual post partum. You need to lose those graphic images that are fuelling these thoughst which are fuelling the sensations that are leading to panic

Think of happier times, think of all the wonderful celebrations that are going to happen to you all.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

trac67
01-09-05, 03:03
Hi Rhiocarys,
Welcome to the site, you will find a lot of help and suport here.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

pinkscrumpy
01-09-05, 07:11
Hiya Rhiocarys

A big warm welcome to the site

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

nomorepanic
01-09-05, 17:39
Hi Rhiocarys

Welcome aboard the forum.

The website will offer some great advice too so check out www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps for starters.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

sueiamnew
01-09-05, 18:30
Welcome to the site Rhiocarys.

tammyg
01-09-05, 19:04
Welcome, I am sure you will find support and reassurance here.

Tam x

Elizabeth-24
01-09-05, 22:28
A warm big welcome rhiocarys....

thats exaclly how i felt on a daily bases, but ever since i went on this side i'v talked to some real nice ppl and they helped me to understand that, you can't die from a panick attack, and once you feel like you going to panick, keep on telling yourself you wont die. Don't get me wrong im still on medication, but i been able to deal with my panick attacks way better after knowing i can't die from my attacks.

i really hope you find the help and support you need.....im sure u will tho, there are some great ppl on here with lot's of expierence.

stay calm take a deep breath and know that you wont die.

*****ElIzAbEtH*****
*****SiLiGa*****
HaVe*A*bLeSsEd*DaY*

Sue K with 5
03-09-05, 00:12
Hi Rhio

I have lived with that fear for a long long time, it actually worsened when I have the children and like others have said some of the worry is a natural fear because being a parent you worry about their safety and wondering if you will there to help them through.

The problem is for people with high levels of anxiety these fears are heightened by our additional worries and it becomes out of hand until it ends up controlling our every day though patterns

I am now 37 and still have the same fear, the other day someone said to me in three years time I am coming from Australia to see you and I thought, yeah if I am not dead! I was in such a state afterwards. I think you would benefit greatly from cbt which will help with your though process and enable you to deal with them better, go back and see your Gp and tell them your fears and I am sure he will refer you asap.

Dont worry please relax

Sue with 5

scknight