PDA

View Full Version : Terrified...Testicle Cancer... & My story.

Kraggy
31-05-09, 00:51
*Sigh*

I now remember exactly how my HA started...

A few month's ago I noticed this pea-sized hard lump in my Ballsack, Not on the testicle, but it seemed to be connected to the "Shaft" with a small thin wire. I can just move it around a bit, but its a hard lump...

I was terrified, I googled for hours at the time, somestimes all night long, Felt the small, rubbery lymph nodes in my groin, got even more terrified! I cried alot, could barely sleep, thought I wasgoing to do. Called the Emergency line at night several times, but they kept saying that I should just last through the weekend and just talk to my doctor, I couldn't handle it and went there to see if they could do anything, but got sent home empty handed...

After a very long and harsh weekend I managed to get a doctors appointment, doctor felt the lump and said I should not worry, I was not relieved...I got a second opinion, same thing, third opinion, Same thing and I finally managed to calm down...

At that point my Health Anxiety started, And I started getting sickness after sickness, this was about 1-1.5 month's before I found this site...

The following weeks were the hardest in my life, I visited the doctor so often...Several times a week...

I found a dutch forum about cancer, I started asking questions, the main moderator there helped me out so much...I kept asking questions as I did here, and she answered them. she was one of the first to say I had Health Anxiety, after the doctor.

Anyways, In time I found this awesome website, which has helped me alot since, But now its asif its starting all over again from the start...

Dont ask me why, but I was "inspecting" the nether region...and found a tiny, Rice sized lump, inside the soft are attached to the Testicle. (I forgot the name, but every man has the soft area) And im afraid that the hard lump I felt all those month's ago is actually a tumor, and that its started spreading out to the rest...

Heck, even while typing here I had another look, and I noticed some thick red bump on the skin of my Ding Dong...When I squeeze it a bit it turns white, and looks asif its a bit of a sack in the skin filled with puss..

I've also been having pain in my lower back for the past days....although I was actually not extremely worried about it untill now...

...These fears are realling driving me crazy..I wish I could stop, but everytime I feel something it all starts off from the beginning, and the Viscious Cycle begins a new...

Therapy is really not an option, since I cannot afford 115 euro's an appointment, since im still in College & only got a minimum wage part-time (11 hours a week) job...And my parents get angry at me for "Wasting Money"...

I just dont know what to do anymore

worryguy9
31-05-09, 01:30
Hey Kraggy

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with it right now, I empathise entirely! I myself had a run in with a testicular cancer scare and your story certainly rings a few bells with me.

It really sounds harmless, that area you are feeling is called the epidymis (sp) and you cannot have a tumor there - it's impossible. It is possible to get swellings like hydroceles etc but these are all benign. Indeed the vast vast majority of lumps on your testicle are benign, but people can be unaware of this because of the rampant promotion of testicular cancer awareness which always links lumps with cancer.

I'm just curious, did you get an ultrasound done when you had your first scare? It's a cheap, quick and painless scan and it's a pretty full proof way of finding TC - if its all clear you have nothing to worry about it really. If you havent had a scan I would suggest asking your GP, if only for peace of mind - it worked for me! And that lower back pain thing, I had that too which mysteriously appeared soon after I read that it was a symptom of testicular cancer. When I was given the all clear it soon disappeared again! That's what your mind can do to you.

All the best mate:yesyes:

Kraggy
31-05-09, 01:43
Thank you very much, Worryguy.

I had a small google, yes I know its bad..but it actually helped. I think I found one of your posts by searching here, Pointing out Cysts of the epidymis. I think they're that, Just really small mobile hard lumps in the soft tissue...I've calmed down quite a bit since writing the post, Luckely. Thanks to the search & Lauren6's comment on another post of mine.

As for the Ultrasound, no, I havent..Because 3 doctor's told me not to worry, I eventually just decided to belive them...I might ask for the scan, but my doctor will probably say that its not necissary, aint i've never been the person who could be the demanding hard-ass, Especially not against someone that I respect and has helped me out so much the past few month's.