PDA

View Full Version : this is y I hate doctors

eeyorelover
01-09-05, 07:09
well guys this might be a long one ... sorry
As some of you know I have been battling a cold for almost a week so I decided I should go to the doc and see if I have broncitis again.
So I call and my regular doc is unavailable and I get this guy who is zooming thru the exam and of course he has a student with him so she is poking at me too. I didn't have too much anxiety cuz my hubby came with until.... he says " how long have you had that spot on your forehead". I've had this little mole for a really long time and never gave it much thought until he says that "it looks suspious" and I need to have a biopsy taken of it (great). then he sees the one on my arm and decides I need one taken of it too.
and of course he has to throw in that 90% of the time it's nothing (which of course starts me thinking about the other 10% of the time)
so by now I am freaking out so he adds that there will be minimal scaring (and I'm thinking - YEAH ON MY FOREHEAD !!!)
so now I have an appointment at the end of September to have a core biopsy taken .
I am thinking about going to see my regular doc and see what she says but they are in the same practice so I doubt that she will second guess him.
I am hoping maybe someone here has had this done and can let me know what's going to happen so I am prepared. I feel like if I know exactly how it goes I can be prepared for it . I'm absolutely petrefied(sp) of needles but I can make it thru(after all I have given birth to 4 kids and I know it won't be that bad)
sorry for the rambling on and on guys ... I'm just a little freaked about all this !!!
your friend,

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

Meg
01-09-05, 10:12
Sandy,

Is your appt with a dermatologist ?

The likelyhood is that they will freeze it with nitrogen and whip it off completely if it is small .

It the moles haven't changed shape, ooozed, itched recently then you have virtually nothing to worry about.

Think he was in showing off mode

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
01-09-05, 10:15
hey Sandy,

It's annoying the way doctors have to point out every little thing, isn't it? It sounds like he was making a big deal out of nothing. If you've had the mole for that long and it was suspicious, then surely someone else would have noticed by now. Hang in there hun!

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

SickofIt
01-09-05, 11:33
I know you don't want to hear this, but if it'sd something serious, it's good to catch it early before it becomes something worse. Hey, I totally understand though, because I hate doctors, also. I went to the gyno on Monday after not having been for over 10 years and I was so nervous the doctor was ready to write me a Rx for anti anxiety meds right then. I'm sure it will be an easy procedure.

eeyorelover
01-09-05, 16:57
thnx guys -
I know it's probably nothing. I've always had the one on my forehead(as far back as I can remember anyway).
Meg- no I'm not going to a dermatologist. He wants to do it in his office. I've had moles frozen and removed - that wouldn't bother me. But he wants to give an injection under the mole and then take this little like tiny applecoring thing (I cook alot so to me it looks like an applecorer) and pop a piece of it out. YUK !!!
Your right Sarah - I have been to plenty of docs and it's right out there in the open so you figure someone would have said something before now if it looked serious.
I really wish that part of the training for becoming a doctor included some bedside manner courses. This guy was a @@@@.
oh just fill in the blank - you know what I mean :)
or better yet maybe they should have to go through some of these procedures that they are so quick to order. Bet that would make them more compassionate !!!

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

Meg
01-09-05, 17:13
Personally speaking, I'd make an appt with my Derm and not let this chap fiddle.

There is no medical sense in biopsying such a small stable mole - either leave it or remove it if seems dodgy.

IMHO of course

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Sue K with 5
02-09-05, 01:52
Hi sandy

my son has 40 odd moles on his back and I was concerned that although we use factor 30 on his body, he is now 14 and is hormonal, then last year one of his moles became bigger and as you do you take them to the doctors, I aksed if it could be removed because I was concerned that he was now at an age where he took his top off and did not use the right sun cream and he refused and told me not to worry about it.

In a way its good your Gp is being careful, but as for suspicious, I thought Joshuas was and I was told it was fine and his has changed colour twice, so dont panic, dont freak and hey think of it as plastic surgery,

Dont worry I am sure it will be fine

Sue with 5 (one more than you )

scknight

GAD
02-09-05, 20:28
hi sandy

i totally agree with meg, i think this guy may have been showing off a bit in front of his student but just in case would get a second opinon from somewhere else before you let him loose.

Michelle.

Rebecca
09-09-05, 14:11
That is so odd.... because I just went to the doctor a few days ago for a cold and also a bladder infection. And he pushed those problems away and only talks about why my blood pressure is so high. He was very rude. And I was like " because I have anxiety " anyways so it was kinda weird to read your similar story.

But don't be scared.... my sister n law has alot of moles removed all the time, and they will prob just freeze it off. Which prob wont even hurt. Hang in there and im sure it is 100% fine :D

Rebecca