PDA

View Full Version : escitalopram and buspirone chlordiazepoxide and zopiclone

reallyfedup
31-05-09, 12:17
Please can someone offer me some assurances that this combination will help!?!?!
I have gad, severe anxiety, panic disorder, insomnia agoraphobia and depression. I am currently taking 15 mg escital and upping to 20.I take 15 mg chlordiazepoxide a day and 7.5 zop at night. The psych has just prescribed buspirone to add to the above. I am scared to death to take it as I read the side effects can be dizziness. This feeling' and being off balance is one of the scariest for me.. (I have previously had amitriptilyne and fluanxol added to above and was terrible- felt totally out of control and extremely ill on them- anxiety got worse!)
does anyone have a similar/ same meds? What were your side effects of buspirone and do they work for you?
thanks for any support as I'm so scared to start the buspi
x

reallyfedup
01-06-09, 15:07
Plucked up courage to take just one buspi yest and again today. I didn't die!

vickykelly
05-06-09, 21:29
well done hun, im on cipralex and zopiclone to and hold down a full time job... its tough at times and am sending big hugs to you xxx

Hazydazs
05-06-09, 23:10
I have started on buspirone one of the doses that i took did make me feel dizzy but only for 10 mins and i think thats because i hadn't eaten anything before hand, other than that they seem to do a good job

reallyfedup
06-06-09, 12:29
well the combination has not suited me and i became suicidal the other day. Have stopped the buspirone. I am still not good so hope it improves as the busp gets out of my system.

Sleepless999
06-06-09, 14:52
Having spent the last two years coming off benzos. after being on them for four years, I have to tell you I have been through hell - yes, they work at first and seem like a godsend when you cannot sleep, but eventually you need more and more and that's when the trouble starts - obviously, I only speak from personal experience, but benzos. and Z drugs are highly addictive - how about antihistamines for insomnia instead? Just a thought!