PDA

View Full Version : New kind of dizziness?

jessieblue
31-05-09, 13:31
Well having suffered with vague lightheadedness/dizziness and head rushes for 4 months I had listened to all the advice on ignoring it and getting on with your day and paying less attention to the symptom. I was doing really well, the dizziness had faded right into the background and was barely there at all. Yesterday I had a really busy day and felt really well. I was out and about all day and was really tired. In the evening I dozed off on the sofa and when my hubbie woke me to go up to bed, I got up feeling really woozy, as I walked across the room I sort of tottered to the right! I got upstairs fine and went straight to bed, but today I am really worried aboutit,I feel dizzy again today and really down, is this a new form of dizziness, will I start to walk unsteadily now? I wasn't anxious at all last night when this happened, I don't get it??

xfilme
31-05-09, 14:58
Well having suffered with vague lightheadedness/dizziness and head rushes for 4 months I had listened to all the advice on ignoring it and getting on with your day and paying less attention to the symptom. I was doing really well, the dizziness had faded right into the background and was barely there at all. Yesterday I had a really busy day and felt really well. I was out and about all day and was really tired. In the evening I dozed off on the sofa and when my hubbie woke me to go up to bed, I got up feeling really woozy, as I walked across the room I sort of tottered to the right! I got upstairs fine and went straight to bed, but today I am really worried aboutit,I feel dizzy again today and really down, is this a new form of dizziness, will I start to walk unsteadily now? I wasn't anxious at all last night when this happened, I don't get it??

Have you had any tests at all for anything? Have you had your eyes tested recently? Needing glasses or a stronger prescription can cause dizziness... are you having any other symptoms?

yanksforever
31-05-09, 15:04
The dizziness you're feeling today I think has a lot to do with what happened to you yesterday. I wouldn't worry about it. You were asleep and got up and that can cause woozyness

jessieblue
31-05-09, 16:46
Hi guys, thanks for your replies. Yes I had blood tests and mri scan of the brain and neck. I was treated for labyrinthitis and have had cranio sacral treatment and hypnotherapy. I am fairly sure the dizziness was caused by anxiety. I had just got used to ignoring it and was really getting on top of it. Is this just a set back do you think? I feel pretty anxious today in general.