PDA

View Full Version : magneseum???

nataliean1982
31-05-09, 18:02
anyone take magneseum...how much and did it help?

xfilme
31-05-09, 19:23
help what?

nataliean1982
31-05-09, 19:25
its on the natural remedy page, it is recommended for many things including twitches, etc. caused by unmanaged stress, anxiety, and obviously magneseum deficiency.

sharona
31-05-09, 19:27
Hi

I have bought some with calcium as I was recommended you take it with calcium, will start taking it tommorow. I will let you know as I heard it is good for head zaps and shaking.

Sharona x

nataliean1982
31-05-09, 19:33
please let me know how it goes for you. maybe i will buy some that also contains calcium.

sharona
01-06-09, 19:51
Hi

I will, try Holland and Barratts, thats where I got mine from.

Sharona x

Casey
02-06-09, 02:32
I take it to decrease heart palpitations. Which it certainly does, and having less palps has certainly decreased my anxiety. I take 200mg Magnesium citrate twice a day (for 5 months now).

lauren6
02-06-09, 03:27
Magnesium has long been considered "nature's tranquilizer". I don't know if it has helped me because I actually never tried it. I heard a lot about l-theanine, worth googling. Magnesium can have a laxative effect and I have IBS so it probably wouldn't be the best thing for me.

sharona
02-06-09, 18:48
Hi All

I started taking Mannesium and calcium chelate today. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Sharon

nataliean1982
02-06-09, 20:37
i have been taking it only a week, haven't noticed any changes yet, but i am going ot stick with it for a while. i have been taking 500 mg a day, i also ordered some valerian to take before bed. on the magnesium bottle it says that it helps to transport calcium and is essential for proper bone mineralization, in addition magnesium is also involved in muscle contractions and nerve impulses.

majdle
02-06-09, 20:45
Yes, I had been taking magnesium all through my teenage years - and it did take care of most of my anxiety then. And it makes me feel much better even now. I´d say - go for it. It helps the "lump in the throat", palpitation and cramps. And it helps me sleep a bit better,

ash1807
02-06-09, 21:07
i have always taken it, esp. when going through a peiod of intense anxiety. It sure helps me take the edge off. The Citrate version tends to give you the runs, so i take just magensium/calciam combo which is readily available in H & B

julieannboo
24-03-10, 18:03
i have heard that magnesium is good for preventing migraines?

ectopicsufferer
24-03-10, 18:20
hi guys

i got my chemical blood results back from the doctor today and as far as she is concerned my magnesium levels are fine, so are the potassium ( calcium is low but have posted a thread about it ).

If my levels are fine is there any point in taking magnesium, am only asking cos someone put that it reduces the palps which i would love to be able to do xx