PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am new here

LightShinesInTheDark
31-05-09, 18:34
I am 45 and live in South of England with my husband and 2 children, aged 10 and 8.
I was recommended this site by a poster on a mum's forum, as I frequently posted there about my Health Anxiety.
Having suffered from depression for many years, I take Citalopram.
My anxieties are not so much about myself, although occasionally, they are. They centre mostly on my family, I am always terrified that their symptoms are a sign of a terminal illness and they are going to have to have prolonged treatment but will die anyway.
I am scared to admit this to most people, but I am so utterly miserable I need to share.
Thanks for reading,
Louise

sharona
31-05-09, 18:52
Hi Louise

Welcome, you will find loads of really good help and advice on here. I have anxiety and am on sertraline. I have suffered with it since the menopause 3 years ago but I have only just gone on to meds. If you want to PM me feel free.

Look forward to speaking to you.

Sharona x

lorac
31-05-09, 19:20
Hi Louise

Welcome to the site I am sure you will find lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

LightShinesInTheDark
31-05-09, 19:58
Thanks for your replies. Not sure where to start - should I start a new thread asking for some help/advice. I am crying now, though. Need to wait till I have composed myself, but I will be back.

duskess
01-06-09, 01:47
Hello Louise , Welcome to NMP, lots of help advice and understanding here , glad you found us ,have you asked your doctor for councelling , yes you can make a post in the forum for members advice lots will understand how you feel , thanks for sharing , take care:welcome: d x :flowers: