PDA

View Full Version : Help

Antoinette
31-05-09, 18:53
Is anyone there who can help?

I cant join the chat room for 5 days as I am a new member.

Having a major panic attack right this very minute.

Could hardly find the thread or type this

Cant breathe, bad chest pains, dizzy, scared, alone and on the verge of tears

I am aching all over and now worrying I will be exhausted for work tomorrow and cope

Can someone please reply .....

sharona
31-05-09, 18:55
Hi

Try to breathe slowly from your stomach, are you taking any meds for your panic? Have you got anyone with you or someone you can ring?

Sharona

lorac
31-05-09, 19:18
Hi Antoinette

Hope you are feeling a bit better now, try and calm down and relax, panic is horrible I have had many attacks myself but just try and remember it will pass and it will not harm you. Try and find something to distract you I always found this was the best for me.

Carol

bottleblond
31-05-09, 19:34
Antionette

Like Lorac says, A panic attack is the most awful feeling/sensation but it can not and will not harm you.

If you feel that you can not slow your breathing down, try cupping your hands over your mouth and breath into them for a few minutes as this had the same effect as breathing into a paper bag.

Distraction works very well too. It can be anything at all from singing a song to hoovering your floors. The key is to divert the attention you are giving to the panic onto something more positive.

You will be just fine hun. Kick it's butt lass

Lisa
x

Antoinette
31-05-09, 20:16
Thanks Sharona, Lisa and Carol. You ladies are just great.
Its finally passed and now I am just exhausted.
I dont take any medication for it, just dont like the idea of taking antidepressants. More interested in holistic approach and natural remedies, including CBT.

Thanks for your quick replys, I really really appreciate it.

Antoinette.

amandaj
31-05-09, 20:17
its horrible but it will pass , lots of us on here suffer with them ,tell it to go away and distract yourself like lisa said hope your feeling a bit better
amandax