PDA

View Full Version : Really scared of Ovarian Cancer

Hollytree
31-05-09, 21:27
Please help!!!!

I've had problems with frequent urination for the last 3 weeks, doctor has done blood tests, including Ca 125 screen for ovarian cancer. All have come back normal, including urine tests as well.

He has told me it is more likely to be interstitial cystitis, or over active bladder, contacted to my IBS and anxiety. And told me not to worry.........but i am totally freaking out!!! i'm convinced that i have ovarian cancer, to be honest i'm so scared right now i don't know what to do :weep::weep::weep:

jessieblue
31-05-09, 21:40
Oh hun, I am sure the doc is right! I have had the same trouble with bladderproblems. I went through all this last september ended up having some horrid tests done because I was so sure it was some sort of cancer. Just recently its been bothering me again, but I am now fairly sure its just me obsessing about what my bladder is doing. The only time I don't notice it is when another new symptom comes along! You will be fine, I think you probablyhavn't even got IC or OAB,I would guess its just the health anxiety playing with your mind and your bladder. Has doc given you any meds?

Hollytree
31-05-09, 22:36
Hi Thanks for your response, it has really got me down today with worry. I can't get it out of my head. The problem i have is i am making it worse by thinking about it every single day for the last 3 weeks, which of course hasn't helped. I'm my own worst enemy!! I don't have any other symptom that i can even relate to ovarian cancer, but yet i am driving myself crazy with worry. My doctor has prescribed me amitripyline 10mg at night and buscopan 4 x a day. I've been taking that for 2 weeks, it has made a slight difference, not alot. Maybe over a longer period of time it will get better.

How long have you had your frequent urination?

Hollytree
31-05-09, 23:33
Hi

Still worried...i'm so tired from crying my face hurts :(

I've heard that by being on the contraceptive pill actually protects women to some degree of getting ovarian cancer, I've been on it for 10 years!!

Has anyone else heard this 2?

Wee-Mee
01-06-09, 09:54
I vaugely remember something about this petal.. but the docs have did the tests for it! have you been back to the doctors?? im sure if they suspected mroe so after tests then they would whip you in for more tests.. that CA test is sort of thee test to test for ovarian cancer..dunno the ins and outs o fit but if that came back normal,im pretty sure you are fine.

I know what it is like to just have the thought in your head constant and not believe anyone. it's your anxiety making you ill rather than ovarian cancer sweetpea.

I can say that so easily though but i know how it is to be like this with worry. xxxxxxxx

Mondie
01-06-09, 10:03
I have this problem too and I have noticed (after worrying myself stupid) that it is related to my IBS and anxiety. When I have spells of normaility it sorts itself out and then when I'm anxious it is bad. It's quite bad at the moment and last night I woke up 4 times needing to wee!

I'm sure yours is the same, so please try not to worry. The doctor has done the tests and they were OK, I'm sure if he was even a little bit concerned they would do more tests.

xxxx

Hollytree
01-06-09, 14:59
Thanks guys, i'm just worried thats all :weep: had to go doctors again today for urine test to be sent to the lab. I have also been given a course of antibiotics as well.

I keep getting told 'not' no worry.......how hard is that!!! I know i am making my life a nightmare and others around me, with my constant obsessing about diseases. Its hard to put things into perspective. I am angry with myself because of it:mad: