PDA

View Full Version : Complex Carbohydrates

Meg
05-01-04, 14:46
We had a thread going before Christmas about eating healthily for anxiety : which is essentially cutting down on sugars both the obvious and hidden sugars as this lessens the glucose spikes and possibly protects you from diabetes and a multitude of other things later in life .

Someone was wanting a cook book that looked at this issue.

I found a book called Easy GI diet by Helen Foster published by Hamlyn. It's got day menu plans, recipes as well as background reading on Glycaemic Index and charts. [:o)]

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Laurie28
05-01-04, 14:57
Have u looked at the recipes etc yet Meg??

Are they easy cooking??

Love
lucky

Meg
05-01-04, 15:23
Yes , they seem to be - if somewhat out of the ordinary .

Salmon fishcakes is the most common thing there but Melanzane Parmigiana seems to be a fancy moussaka like dish.

There's a brazil nut and sunflower seed savory cake, stuffed onions, vege curry, griddled chicken with pearl barley to give you an idea... as well as lots of plain snack ideas

Oh chocolate is equal to cherries and is allowed.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Laurie28
05-01-04, 15:29
Thanks meg,

i think i might go and buy it (if nothing else it will set the kids in the right direction!!!)

Love
Lucky

benoo5
05-01-04, 17:17
now your talking...salmon fishcakes is making my mouth water..they have recently opened a harry ramsden restaurant,in the middle of london,and there fishcakes are out of this world..luvly jubbly !!

best wishes..bryan.

Lottie32
06-01-04, 14:47
Meg

It was me asking about cook book.

Will try and get a copy this week - mum and Fred the Dentist go away next week for a fortnight or so to his luxury pad just outside BOURNEMOUTH! (Apologies to anybody from the south coast).

So I can spend all week trying out new recipes, and eating better

(Mum would serve red meat every day if you let her. And she buys sausages. And puts grated cheese on everything) And I'm trying to loose some weight.

Thanks for the info

Charlie

benoo5
06-01-04, 16:27
sausages,and cheese,oh god charlie,i think ime in love with your mother..move over fred!...ps,bournemouth is great for the over 70s.

best wishes..bryan.

Lottie32
07-01-04, 09:08
Bryan

Yes, but she only turned 60 last year!

Charlie