PDA

View Full Version : cant cope with relationships

panicannie
01-06-09, 14:07
Hi all, it's been a very long time since I have posted on here, but I am again at a point in my life where things are becoming impossible again. 2008 was a horrific year for me as I nursed my dad with a terminal brain tumour and seperated from my partner of 13 yrs. Since then I now live on my own with my sons and they spend a lot of time at their dads and grandparents which is nice as I have support with the children. The problem is I have met someone whom I feel strongly for but I'm terrified of rejection. I have been used in the past and I know this has affected me but I am totally exhausted with the constant anxiety and panic, and the depression has become overwelming. My mind is racing 24 hrs a day and I am in a constant state of panic that I don't seem to be able to control. I truly cannot cope with rejection and in being that way I become selfdistructive. I had to curb my alcohol intake as I became aware my behavour was getting irrational, and it was having a negative effect on my mood and relationship. I don't understand why I am so insecure? he is a good person, very caring and understanding but Im terrified he will find out what i'm really like and break it off! I go to pieces if he hasn't text or called and imagine that its because he doesn't want me anymore, its truly rediculous and i know that. I have been on duloxetine for a few years and think maybe they aren't wrkin aswell as they should. My boyfriend has a top career, and im currently studying and waiting to see if i've got a job I applied for. I feel useless and like a faliure. everyday is an on going battle. Im sorry for the long post.

Paula39
13-06-09, 16:15
Hi
I so really can understand how you are feeling about your relationship. I am with a relatively new man, who i love deeply, i think it's the first time in my life that i have actually fallen in love, that scares the death out of me, like you i am freaking if he doesn't answer a text quick enough, or i can't get him on the fone. He seems to have opened a whole can of worms in me that stems back to my childhood and how my father was with me
I think i am not good enough, or there is someone better he will like. I fear rejection enormously, that goes back to my father as he would say he would come see me and then not turn up. Keep going, today is a very bad day for me and i am struggling but i hope tomorrow will be better :)