PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, please help - is this anxiety?

dazedconfused
01-06-09, 16:28
Hi all.

I'm a 28 year old man and over the last few weeks I've had a faint but noticable trembling in my hands and arms. I am a self-confessed "worryer" and recently have been having some impotence problems with my new(ish)partner over the last 2 months or so. I'm scared I'm going to lose her because if it and I think this could possibly have triggered my anxiety (if that's what it is). She has been great throughout the matter, saying that she loves me and it's fine etc etc, but I'm still petrified of losing her.

I went to my doctor and he agreed something was up and he prescribed Propranolol to take as and when required (up to 60mg daily). Now I'm extremely worried about the shaking/tremor, and I think it's getting me down somewhat, I'm getting more and more freaked by it. Reading google doesn't help either.

I'd just like to know if a tremor/shaking caused by anxiety is something that is present nearly all the time, even when I'm not in an anxious situation. It's even noticable when laying in bed, but more pronounced when holding something like a book or glass etc.

My other symptoms are:

- Shaking/Trembling (mainly arms and hands).
- Sweaty Palms and Forehead.
- Inability to get to sleep at night.
- Waking up extremely early (4-5am) and being unable to get back to sleep.
- Feeling incredibly lethargic and tired all day every day.
- Being disinterested in work life.
- Being irritable with people close to me.
- Sometimes needing to urinate a lot.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've scared myself half to death with things like Essential Tremor.

Thanks,

Paul

dazedconfused
02-06-09, 11:11
hi thanks for reply.

what I really want to know is - does anxiety cause a shaking/tremor that is there nearly all the time?

paul

House fan
02-06-09, 15:52
Hi Dazed

Have you ever heard of the saying 'shaking with fear'? Im sure you have!

Your symptoms are yet another classic case of anxiety, and nothing more. If your hands want to tremble, let them do so, with the knowledge that this is temporary. There is nothing organically wrong with you, you have been offered a hundred 'lies' and you have bought each and every one, hook line and sinker!

If you haven't already read it, buy a copy of Dr Claire Weekes book, Self help for your nerves. I promise that you will think she has written it especially for you.

House.

dazedconfused
02-06-09, 16:25
thank you. :)

i will buy a copy of the book ASAP, it looks just like what I need.

paul