PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of changing to citlopram - please advise

chantelle
01-06-09, 16:38
Hi everyone

I've been suffering with anxiety/depression for sevral months and the dr put me on cipralex. I have been taking it for 12 weeks and have not seen much improvement. I am seeing the dr in the morning and was thinking of asking to be switched to citlopram as I was on it last year when I suffered this for the first time and within 4-6 weeks had seen a significant improvement and by 12 weeks was back to my 'old self'. This time I have seen a counsillor and have exercised, tried affirmations and being positive etc but feel that I am not making the same progress.

All advice would be appreciated

Chantelle

damopanther
01-06-09, 21:42
hi, i too was on citalapram 6 years ago and it brought me back from breaking point (depression), the last two years i have suffered from anxiety and so the doctor put me on cipralex, and i found it ok for a while but now i have been put back on citalapram, the two drugs are very similar apparently, if you look at my question about the differences between the two in the cipralex section this might help, apparently cipralex is the more modern one with less side effects, what dose are you on, take care, damo

ps ill let you know how i get on with citalapram, on my third day!

chantelle
02-06-09, 00:26
I am on 20mg of cipralex with 3x5mg of busciprone. Feel a bit better tonight so will just talk it over with dr tomorrow. Did you have to wean off cipralex before you started citlopram??? Why were you/did you decide to change???

Good luck with this - will be keen to hear how you get on

Chantelle