PDA

View Full Version : being alone

sally121
01-06-09, 17:00
hi
i'm new on this site but i was wondering if the people on this site are afraid of being alone?. i have suffered panic attacks and anxiety for nearly 8 years but in the last couple of weeks my symptons have got worse. i feel like i'm gonna mad at times, its the thoughts that are going through my head. i can control the symptons now but the feeling is always there.
sally

tanya 1
01-06-09, 18:56
hi sally i used to be scared of being alone,i always wanted someone to be there,it was worse when i first had my daughter and moved out to live with my boyfriend,i couldnt stand being on my own with my baby when he was on nights,i used to think "theres no one here to help me if i panic" so i used to stay at my mums when my boyfriend was on nights then gradually started staying at home on my own,it was really hard at first id just be scared all the time,but now im 100% fine on my own at home,its just the going out on my own that i struggle with
hope this helps
tanya x

sally121
01-06-09, 21:16
thanks i'm only on my own in the afternoons when my youngest is at nursery. i never used to be like this a couple of weeks ago, its used to be only when i went to strange plaes or got stuck in traffic
sally

doodah
02-06-09, 00:47
Hello Sally,

I'm the same as Tanya - I used to dread being on my own, especially when I was younger. I think it was in case something happened and there would be nobody around to help. It seems to have passed thank goodness, but, being agoraphobic, I find it really hard going out alone.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Take care,

Wendy xx