PDA

View Full Version : blood clots

T89
01-06-09, 18:14
I was at the doctors today (at least the 7th time in two months:ohmy: ) because I've started worrying about blood clots. There is a tiny lump near the back of my leg and this set me off as last week my aunt had to go to hospital as she had a clot in her leg and they were worried it was DVT-thankfully it wasn't.

I didn't really explain that that is the reason I was there (too embarassed) because I was asking about my allergies but I mentioned some blotches I noticed on my leg (blue blotches). She took my pulse in my feet and said it was nice and strong and also asked me to show her my legs back and front and nothing seemed to catch her eye. I have had some pain in my leg but I can walk fine with it. Then I read (why do I always google?:lac: ) that blurred vision is a sign of a clot on the brain and I've had this for a few days now. She said my lungs were fine too so not a clot in the lungs either?

I'm hoping a strong pulse in the feet means no clot, right?

I can't believe the state I get myself into these days! Even the receptionist at the doctors knows my name now. All this health anxiety has got to stop but I'd just really like some reassurance here because I didn't actually mention clots to the doctor:doh: