PDA

View Full Version : Bit worried!

linda_xx
01-06-09, 18:48
This may sound stupid but is it safe to eat moldy cheese? The reason I'm asking is because my sister and I jsut made macoroni with cheese that was starting to go modly (it had white spots) but we firgured it'd be fine, cos cheese is made with mold? Any way true to form I started to panic after suddenly thinking it might not be all that safe; and so I googled it - which promptly told me mould can cause cancer, TB, samonella, you name it.. So I'm sitting here; sore chest, quite worried - do you think it's safe? I'm absoultely panicing that it may cause something serious?!

miss_moose
01-06-09, 18:57
Hello you, I understand how you feel, i once did this with bread. I felt abit sick for an hour but nothing happend.
My other half has eaten mouldy cheese and said he didn't feel any different, no illness or anything. Hope this comforts you a little *hugs*

agent orange
01-06-09, 19:19
mouldy cheese is not awful. Take stilton it's full of mould and very nice too, please don't worry, not a problem.

miss diagnosis
01-06-09, 19:24
Oh yeah. mouldy cheese is fine.sure some of the best cheeses in the world are mouldy. dont worry. and dont google.

here is an example of how bad google is. my boyfriend made me google itchy bum the other day to show me how ridiculous google doc is. itchy bum came up with HIV!

Trixie
01-06-09, 19:25
This may sound stupid but is it safe to eat moldy cheese? The reason I'm asking is because my sister and I just made macaroni with cheese that was starting to go modly (it had white spots) but we figured it'd be fine, cos cheese is made with mold? Any way true to form I started to panic after suddenly thinking it might not be all that safe; and so I googled it - which promptly told me mould can cause cancer, TB, salmonella, you name it.. So I'm sitting here; sore chest, quite worried - do you think it's safe? I'm absolutely panicking that it may cause something serious?!

Don't worry you will be OK. It is surprising what you can eat and still be healthy. Anyway the heat would have killed anything iffy.

I grew up on Gorgonzola cheese http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgonzola_(cheese)