PDA

View Full Version : Therapy

Tony2005
01-09-05, 19:16
I have been referred for Cognitive Behaviour therapy and am wondering what sort of benifits I will get from it? Will it totally cure me of my anxiety and ocd? At the minute I feel ok but just feel permanently stressed and can't really do to much with my life. Do people emerge from this feeling great or is it to just help you cope?

Has anyone on here had therapy? And if so did it help you? If it did why would you still be posting on here ?

Also i've heard that cbt is just like drugs and helps avoid the symptoms and psychotherapy gets to the root cause and is the only true way to help? If this is the case why doesn't everyone have psychotherapy? I'm a bit unsure what to do can anoyne help?

Meg
01-09-05, 20:05
CBT is the gold standard in the new NICE guidleines - see our Finding Help homepage and CBT is what is recommended for anxiety / panic. Also read up on there about how CBT works

It is solution focussed and addresses todays problems and limitations not yesteryears like psychotherapy does .

Good CBT will certainly not avoid any symptoms- quite the opposite

Good luck with it

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?