PDA

View Full Version : talking therapies

lonely
02-06-09, 15:55
at the moment ive sunk into a real depression, and i just cannot talk anymore, ive been referred from pillow to post and having to re go through everything other and other has now taken its toll, been referred to pshychotherapy which is too far fr me to get too also and an eating disorder clinic also too far away on public transport :weep:
some people may think im making excuses and it upsets me more, but travelling is difficult and i feel i just can't talk anymore right now, im just sick of repeating things over and over again, i failed to complatet a questionnaire for the pshychotherpy referral as i just couldn't keep answering these questions :weep:
and when i do see people ie as in past pshychologist i sit in tears through whole sessions, in fear of speaking, i fear gp won't understand me now that ive said i really can't do this just like cpn, saying there is nothin local
my mum said its too far to go to too also a nurse in a&e agreed with us when i went in in a state over a week ago, mum asked to ask them if they cannot do anything up at the hospital like a therapy or something, but no doubt that will be a no too
i can talk to my pshychiatrist but she leaving in august and i only see her once more in july, im gutted

lisa

bcr
02-06-09, 22:13
I'm currently going through counselling in the traditional sense (i.e. talking and being asked questions) and it's helped me come on leaps and bounds, however my sister, like you finds the idea of it exhausting and can't face it.

The only think that she found helped her was Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) it's short and focussed on finding patterns and solutions. You aren't talking in the sense of a talking therapy it's more like problem solving. It's just a suggestion but it worked for my sister when she thought no other therapy would.

lonely
02-06-09, 22:18
thankyou ill suggest and ask about this at my next appointment in few weeks time with cpn, see what she has to say, then ill bring it up again with my pshychiatrist before she leaves and i have to see another one :weep: