PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt look good :(

tashbarnes87
02-06-09, 19:21
Hi All, well my mum went to the doctors today about the ulcer that has been on her tongue for 5 weeks now( she is a really heavy smoker, it doesnt hurt & its getting bigger. 3 doctors looked at it and after my mum begged them to wait to see if it heals they have said she needs to have it biopsied if it hasnt gone by wednesday next week. We are all v worried now what else could it be :weep: ?

bottleblond
02-06-09, 19:37
Tasha

There are a few problems that i have heard of that can cause ulsers on the tongue. One is a yeast infection, another is gum problems and there were a few others too that were minor but caused similar problems, i just can't quite remember what they were now.
I read about it in a magazine in the doctors a few weeks ago now.
Try not to worry too much hun!
Let us know how your mum gets on
Take care
Lisa
xxx

lindzanne
02-06-09, 19:39
Hi sweetie, your mom will be in my prayers, Im sure the heavy smoking is making it hard for it to heal, It sounds infected and may just need a little help like anti biotics or something. Does she have any other symptoms? Having been through a few biopsies I know they are always just a covering your bases thing and it doesnt have to be the worst! Good luck and I'll be thinking of you! :hugs:
Lindsay

doodah
02-06-09, 20:30
Hello Tasha,

Easier said than done but try not to worry - it could be 101 things. Will be thinking of you and your mum.

Wendy:hugs:

freudian nightmare
02-06-09, 21:54
Hello tasha,
Whatever it is your mom has at least she's now getting it seen to which is the main thing, and she'll be able to cope better with such a caring daughter as you have been. I hope everything turns out fine and we're here to support you on the way. x

joyce1980
03-06-09, 01:59
Hello tasha,
Whatever it is your mom has at least she's now getting it seen to which is the main thing, and she'll be able to cope better with such a caring daughter as you have been. I hope everything turns out fine and we're here to support you on the way. x

What a great post! I agree and I feel that if it was to be something nasty you have caught it very early and that Is always positive.

My goodness you know there are hundreds of mouth infections and problems other than what you are thinking but I am really pleased that your mum went to the Drs for you. That way it can be treated and wont be a problem in the future.

Don't you worry. :yesyes:

joyce1980
03-06-09, 02:03
Hi All, well my mum went to the doctors today about the ulcer that has been on her tongue for 5 weeks now( she is a really heavy smoker, it doesnt hurt & its getting bigger. 3 doctors looked at it and after my mum begged them to wait to see if it heals they have said she needs to have it biopsied if it hasnt gone by wednesday next week. We are all v worried now what else could it be :weep: ?

Oh and make sure your mum does not ignore it... my mum does that sometimes.
But I'll bet it will be just fine.