PDA

View Full Version : Hi

bcr
02-06-09, 22:02
Hey all,

I decided to join the forum as I've been on 20mg citalopram for the past 8 months and I'm meant to be coming off it and I figured it would be good to have some support, and to support others, during what could be a crazy few weeks (though I hope it all goes well)

I'm 26 and have suffered from depression from over half my life (the first suicidal thought I remember having was at 13). I have had a few really bad episodes in my life, and through those have developed techniques to stop my panic attacks and minimise anxiety. Somewhere in between all of that I managed to get my degree and have a really successful but high pressured career after that.

Last year I realised that the fast paced world of business wasn't helping things and then ended up being bullied by my boss, which then coincided with a really bad depressive episode and break down. I quit my job, moved up north and for the past few months have been starting all over again!

So here I am... still trying to suss out how me and my depression can peacefully co-exist, I'm sure there's a way... I just need to find it!!!

H

duskess
02-06-09, 23:52
Hello and Welcome to NMP, lots of advice and understanding here , glad you found us , congratulations on having your degree , sorry to hear you ended up with a bully for a boss , i hope your managing to settle in up North , and remember you will get another job and find a boss who is not a bully , i wish you well , take care:welcome: d x :flowers:

diane07
03-06-09, 08:58
A huge warm welcome to nmp

you'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

bcr
04-06-09, 10:04
Thanks!

I'm glad I've found NMP. It's nice to be able to support others, and whilst I wouldn't wish depression on my worst enemy it's nice to know I'm not alone. I think this is going to be an up and down few weeks so I'm glad that I have somewhere to share it with people who understand.

H