PDA

View Full Version : diazepam

sunndyd
03-06-09, 11:07
hi, i have been prescribed diazepam 2mg once daily when required. The 1st thing is im to scared to take them at them moment as my anxiety problem was brought on by takin a antidepressant i didnt really want to take for ibs.

With the diazepam im scared that if i take it and i dont like the side effect or the effect it had how long those bad effects would last also when do i take it as at the moment im home feelin a bit tense but not really anxious or at least notmy most anxious, but when i do venture out i feel like i cant stay out long like for more then 5 mins and im wantin to leave a.s.a.p like i had to put money in the bank the cashier want to keep me talkin but i want to go . so do i take before i intend to go out?

Vanilla Sky
03-06-09, 11:19
You sound like me , i have a fear of taking new meds ! I have been on diazapam the same dosage as you and i found it a great help. Don,t worry it will be fine , it will make you feel relaxed and it takes the edge of the anxiety. This is why they don,t give you to many because they can become addictive to some people and i can understand why ! Nothing will happen just take one and see. Do what i do and take it when someone is with you and trust me after a while you will be feeling ok ! Just take one when you need it, i still have 2 left from last year for emergencys. And yes take it before you need to go out good luck x

sunndyd
03-06-09, 11:27
im strugglin work out when i need it, i thought i need it this mornin as i said with the bank etc as i could concentrate i was hypersensitive. Im thinkin may b i should try takin it this evenin? as i find im puttin of goin to bed cus im dred the thought or wakin up anxious was thinkin also as im that worried about the side effect i could just try and sleep it off i had any. its the whole takin them then living with the consequences im worried about . what do think?

Thank for ur help, i appreciate it :yesyes:

sunndyd
03-06-09, 11:28
its my cousins 3rd birthday party and i would like to go to that with out wantin to go home with in 5mins

sunndyd
03-06-09, 16:22
i was building myself up in anxiety so only took half even just swallowing the half has made me feel anxious how long does it take to work? im feelin a fuzzy not sure i like it or its part of my anxiety or wot? should it relax me not make me feel fuzzy ?

sunndyd
03-06-09, 16:37
if i feel ok with this half, if i need another one will take the other had and mayb then i will confident enought to take a whole one, just been building my self up in terror with takin them as i want to be able to feel comfortable not so tensed up and be able to relax

sunndyd
03-06-09, 18:43
still feeling anxious slightly as i keep questing feeling normal, i keepin thing this feels normal then i over analyse it, which make me feel slighty anxious my face dont feel as tense but more for head is still tingliny which i have notice get worce when in anxious or slightly tired... when i say normal i mean pre anxiety. Still don't feel relaxed and still have the though of is this right, is that right

sunndyd
03-06-09, 21:47
hi, well i managed to go to my boyfriends and spent about an hr n half with him at his flat and felt pretty much ok, it has been the most comfortable i have felt in another place apart been at home. im hopin if i cant feel like this with out having to take another diazepam again that will be fantastic! i am worried about soo called hang overs from these or feelin worse 2morrow but each day at a time will try to keep u posted so people who are scared of takin it like i was can get a sence of how its effected me... i am also scared that i will get addicted as just to feel like this from half a 2mg tablet be able to go out he is a about a 15min drive away and spend 1hr n half there meant the world to me:)

maddie
03-06-09, 22:38
Please relax and feel safe to take the diazepam as your doctor has prescribed. You are on the lowest dose, which takes about 20 minutes to have affect, and lasts about 4-6 hours. I have used it for years, just to take the edge off when my anxiety is at its worst. During the day, it takes tension away. At night, if I take it just before bed, it makes me feel pleasantly relaxed and I float off to sleep. There have been concerns about diazepam being addictive, but that is because it used to be very over-prescribed and people were on huge doses. If you trust your doctor and use it as he has said, you should be fine.

sunndyd
03-06-09, 22:43
lol i dont know which doc in our so called super surgery is my doc, its very hard to see the same dc each time but im farely confident in the dr i saw... he told me to take 1 x diazepam 2mg once daily as required but was really nervous even terrified to take it after my bad experiance with setraline which start this for me so i only took half. but i feel that half has done so much for me today i think it the long life that frightened me the most...

i am try to go with it n keep relaxed......i guess im so desperate to get to my normal bubblyself anxiety free :)

Reggie
03-06-09, 22:46
I'm a bit funny with new meds too, but I have to say Diazepam was a life saver for me. 2mg is a very low dose, you could always break your tablet in half and if you feel ok on that, take the other piece. I'm sure you'll be fine and it'll help you relax.

sunndyd
03-06-09, 22:52
thank guys i am glad i took that half, just gunna c how i feel and deal with it when it come may take a whole one or just the half but hopefully i wont need to but lol i doubt it x x

sunndyd
04-06-09, 08:58
well the mornin after the day b4. I woke up feeling shakey but i was shacky b4 for the diazepam bit tired.. but anxious but i managed to go across the nursery with my nephew n my mom on foot the tesco feelin not to anxious about the situation.. just feeling generally anxious it the whole unbalance think that is doing it, i bet most you know that feelin:huh:

Im stil stugglin to work out when i should be takin this mind u but im gunna try go to argos later and mother care see how i cope with out it:scared15:

sunndyd
04-06-09, 09:14
does anyone know if it safe to take multivitamins with diazepam i want to take sanatagen a-z gold i think

sunndyd
04-06-09, 10:51
i know it once daily when required i dont think i will need it any more then that have only taken one half tablet which helped yesterday despite getting worked up about it. Im feeling more able to cope and im doin more today i think just a bit tired .. going make a trip to argos hopefully in a bit wanted to get a disc man to help me with coping while im out if i get to overwhelm having said that argos is overwhelming at the best of time when im not suffering with anxiety lol:shrug:

sunndyd
04-06-09, 13:09
just got back from the retail park exhausted now, argos was fairly scary mothercatre was abit better for me feeling a bit anxious now not sure sure mayb its cus im tired:shrug:

sunndyd
04-06-09, 16:07
feeling really agitated and tense is this a sign of me been anxiuos should i take a diazepam to help i find this diazepam soo confusing knowing when to take it :shrug:

sunndyd
04-06-09, 19:50
put up with the agitation til about 5.45 then took my diazepam i am feeling alot more realxed now still got the tention in my throat n neck but more relaxed about it:blush:

sunndyd
05-06-09, 09:23
oh my gosh had a panic attack before goin to bed then ended up having a horrid nights sleep which just made me feel anxious this morning and feeling low:weep:

sunndyd
05-06-09, 15:59
went to dr's feeling a lot less anxious and calmer she suggested i took a who diazepam this time and hr before bed as i get anxious before bed...i think this should help me sleep better and i hoping it will help prevent the anxiety feelin i get when i wake up does any one have the same issue?

Lion King
05-06-09, 18:10
HI sunndyd,

I have anxiety in the morning, sometimes stronger one day than the next. In some cases you can distract yourself from the anx but this doesn't always work, it depends how strong it is. Other ways is to do some form of mediatation or relaxation exercise, I keep hearing yoga is good but don't fancy wearing a leotard! I do find the anx gets worse when I am not busy as my mind goes into overtime, so I ahve to make an effort to do this even when I can't be bothered ( a good kick up the backside normally works or some explosives! ).

I have taken diazepam a couple of times in the early days when I was stiff as a board and couldn't relax, they weren't brilliant but I think Kalms worked quite well, I think its valerium extract that does the trick to calm the nerves!

Hope you start feeling better soon

Lion King

sunndyd
05-06-09, 18:24
lol i hope i start to feel better soon and i do feel like im stiff as a board im just hoping the night time is the best time for me as my nieces is having a third birthday 2morrow just worries me that people say they last 4-6 hrs and im only been told to take one daily:wacko: im pretty sure there is more then 4-6hrs in a day lol last one i had was about 5pm ish yesterday so im try my hardest to cope til tonight i wanna get this right so i can get on track.... and recover thanks for your support
p.s. i cant wait to be able to get into that chat room:)

Lion King
05-06-09, 18:50
NOt tried the chat room yet, I will have to check it out!

decca
05-06-09, 22:19
Hi,
Just wanted to say,Diazepam has been a life saver for me,I've been taking it on a daily basis for about 18 months now.
I was very worried about addiction and tolerance,(thats when you get used to the dose and need to take more to get the same effect) so I had a long chat with a couple of my Docs. they both said that addiction and tolerance only click after you've been on very high doses up to 15mg per day is safe.
2mg is quite a small dose so don't be worried about taking it,it can only do you good.
Oh and btw, as a bonus I found it also helped my IBS.
PM me if you need to.

Good luck and God bless.

sunndyd
06-06-09, 07:47
Hi,
Just wanted to say,Diazepam has been a life saver for me,I've been taking it on a daily basis for about 18 months now,started on 2mg per day for a while then dropped down to 1mg per day which I still take.
I was very worried about addiction and tolerance,(thats when you get used to the dose and need to take more to get the same effect) so I had a long chat with a couple of my Docs. they both said that addiction and tolerance only click after you've been on 6mg per day for a while.
2mg is quite a small dose so don't be worried about taking it,it can only do you good.
Oh and btw, as a bonus I found it also helped my IBS.
PM me if you need to.

Good luck and God bless.
lol seems to to be making my tummy dodgy lol i took it last night and before i drift off i have a panic attack i think where i feel like i cant breath the have to wake up the go to sleep and 5mins later:ohmy:

sunndyd
08-06-09, 11:41
just got back from the dr's again, she said to take it in the morning instead which is what i thought i should be doing in the 1st place and if i need one later in the day i can take an extra one but going to try stick to one aday

Terry12345
08-06-09, 14:07
I think you should perhaps visit your GP again. I have take Diazepam for anxiety/panic attacks in the past but here, the use of Diazepam is only recommended for short term use and that would be roughly two weeks. Honestly, she seems a stange GP if she is practically telling you to take another one when it suits. I mean I was given 4 mg (two tablets one 2mg in the morning and one in the evening) and was told to stick to what was prescribed.
I'd go back and explain you are still experiencing anxiety and perhaps she will look at your doseage and explain also you do not want to become addicted because seriously, it's a great short term help but not for long term useage. Hope you feel better soon xxx

sunndyd
08-06-09, 15:10
to be honest i have been really confused about taking it.
i took one this morning but i don't feel like its made much of a difference apart from making me feel sleepy! I'm so confused! before i didn't know if it worked because they where telling me to take it at night!

fedupofanxiety
08-06-09, 21:02
i had such a fear of taking new meds and was put on cipralex and given diazapam to take the egde of the increased anxiety diazapam dosent stop you from having a panic attack of being anxious if you really wind yourself of it just takes the edge of it all. If you was to take diazapam when not feeling that anxious its more than likely to make you sleep!!

sunndyd
08-06-09, 21:15
spoke to the dr as got myself worked up have to got to dr tomorrow morning gunna put me on antidepressants to also had to take another diazepam, just felt like i cam so far and im goin backwards

lisa chandler
09-06-09, 00:00
my anxiety was caused by taking antideppresants one night i had a fluttering sensation in my chest and thought there was something wrong with my heart when i told my mum she said it was palpitations ever since then i worry everyday about having a heart attack

sunndyd
09-06-09, 09:15
how are you coping now?

sunndyd
09-06-09, 12:19
i have been put on cipralex took it about an hour go and have been building up to a a panic attack:weep:

sunndyd
09-06-09, 12:33
just spoke to the dr, he said to hild fire take it again tomorrow if the same happens then i have to contactt he dr again and review:weep:

decca
09-06-09, 18:08
When I was ill first they wanted me to take antidepresants (Citalopram) but I refused because I knew I wasn't deppressed just anxious and very very tense which was causing me to have panic attacks,so Instead I took 2mg Diazepam in the morning before getting out of bed because first thing in the morning was my worse time,I could hardly get downstairs without my heart racing and pounding like a crazed drummer.The Diazepam started to work within about a week so I started taking one at breakfast instead of in bed,then I pushed it back to mid morning before I went shopping.
The thing with Diazepam is to use it like a crutch when you need it but just make sure you treat it with respect and don't abuse it.

God bless.
decca.

sunndyd
09-06-09, 19:04
at the moment 2mg aint touchin cus sttrating cipralex i have been havin panic attack had to take a second diazepam 2mg and propranolol still get some panic scome through but may the propranolol takes time to work