PDA

View Full Version : Re: Pulse in Head

springblossom
04-06-09, 18:30
Hello,

I wonder if anyone here can offer some advice.

I was exercising vigorously a few days ago (trampolining) and afterwards and ever since I have been having the following very unpleasant symptoms:

Strong Pulse (heartbeat) in head
Pulse elsewhere in body
Pressure in head
Fullness in ears
Twitching in ear canals
Rapid heartbeat
Tingling at back of scalp
DizzinessAs you can understand I am concerned that I've done something to my neck/brain as I still have the symptoms. My GP did check my blood pressure which was 130/80.

Can anyone help?

Sarah

nataliean1982
04-06-09, 18:33
i know its wierd that it happened after you jumped on the trampoline, but it probably isn't because of that. you could have a virus, or allergies or it could be anxiety. my pulse has always seemed to take over my whole body. at one point a few years ago i could hear it when my head was against my pillow and i can always feel it in different spots...without touching it.

springblossom
04-06-09, 18:36
Thank you Nataliean - am I wrong to think I've ruptured something?

nataliean1982
04-06-09, 18:43
yes, you would be in some serious pain. your symptoms are more of discomfort, and annoyance. i remember when i was in jr. high and highschool in gym class, whenever i was sick or about to get sick the pulse in my head would be really strong, and it would feel like i was on an airplane with all the pressure. .and anxiety can give you a pressure headache, i think that they are also called tension headaches. the best thing you can do is to NOT pay attention to them, because you will become hypersensitive and find a hundred more symptoms. keep your mind off of it and it will go away. and do not look anything up. if things get worse, just see your doc again.

springblossom
04-06-09, 18:55
Thank you.

indigo
04-06-09, 19:16
Hi, I am experiencing this at the moment too. I went running the other day and had to stop because of the pulse in my head, it was as if it was banging in my ears. I can also hear it sometimes when i lay down with my ear to the pillow, it really freaks me out thinking i have a brain tumour or going to have an anuerysm or something. I am glad someone else is experiencing this too although i am sure you don't want to be lol!!!!

springblossom
05-06-09, 19:03
Yes it is terrifying and thoughts always turn to aneurysm and sudden death.

Have you researched it? Is it something less serious than we think?

springblossom
19-10-09, 13:12
I think scalp tension might exacerbate this.