PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Side affect

Goonergirl
04-06-09, 19:14
I'd just like to share my third experiance with Prozac with you

I first went on Prozac in 1999, for PND a few months after having my youngest child. They got me through a tough time (I was convinced I had breast cancer happily I diddn't)

Second time was after 9/11 when I started having irrational thoughts imagining our local flats were going to be hit by a plane (I live en route to stansted & planes do come in low ) silly I know, but I recognised this and asked to be put back on them for a few months.

Around 7 weeks ago I had been ill for 2 weeks, (Missing heartbeats, lump feeling in throat, tiredness - still nothing resolved been passed off as post viral after lots of test etc & awaiting yet another doc appointment Grrr ! )

I asked to go back on Prozac as I was feeling so frightened of dying (still feel that way now)

Within days I felt worse, much worse. I developed all I can imagine as having fire go down my veins in my arms. This would feel like a sudden flash of heat, although my arms to the outside felt cool. This also happened at night. waking me up. All thoughts of conditions such as luekemia (night sweats) passed through my mind (blood tests all came back fine)

One day i felt so bad my friend took me to A&E, I mentioned I was taking prozac (then 2 weeks into them) She got a book out and rattled through a list of side affects, one of which was these flushes of heat ! Told me to ask doc for a different antidepressant. I did something not to be recommended & stopped taking them altogether (as I was on day 14 I took a chance) Within 2 days the flushes had stopped. I told doc i had stopped the meds but diddnt want a replacement as of yet

All Im trying to say really, in my log drawn out way, is that sometimes we may use medication several times & have no side affects, then use it some time later and cop one or more side affects which we then think is something underlying or sinister.

Always find out first before you panic like me :D