PDA

View Full Version : New kind of nausea?

jessieblue
04-06-09, 20:54
Hi all, I have always suffered with nausea. It is one of my longest anxiety symptoms which I am used to and don't overly worry about as I know I can handle it. I also have emetophobia, fear of vomiting, so nausea has always been a worry. Just lately \I have been feeling a new strange type of nausea. I can be feeling fine and as I suffer with indigestion a lot, I need to burp a lot. Sometimes when I burp, I get the sudden nausea feeling like I may vomit! It passes pretty quickly and goes away until I maybe burp again. Then sometimes its not there at all. I am worrying myself silly now in case I have something wrong inside. Could I have cancer, or some sort of illness causing this? I know it seems silly but because of my emetophobia I am terrified I might be sick and this could happen to me suddenly at any time.

Does anyone else ever feel like this? Any experiences? I would be really greatful for any help, having a really bad night.

sunndyd
04-06-09, 21:06
have you spoken to your doctor about medicines to prevent nausea?

becky000
05-06-09, 05:48
I often feel nauseous when I'm anxious and I've spoken to other anxiety sufferers who have the same symptom. I also burp ALOT when I'm anxious. My husband always knows when I have a problem because of all the burping. There are various things you can do to relieve the nausea if it is caused by anxiety. Go for a walk and while you're walking breath deeply. Drink Peppermint Tea. Drink something fizzy. Eat dry crackers. Sometimes because we haven't eaten we feel nauseous.

alba
05-06-09, 13:14
me too these 2=3days i keep feeling nausea wanting to vomit but didnt then my head feel dizzy feling so sickly feeling and i just must walk away from my office, it always happen esp when i am in office at work, i thought i am ok, suddenly it happen, feel nausea, tummy feels so so sick and head heavy. felt what should i do?