PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure

pksullivan15
04-06-09, 21:37
Been told I need to see a psychiatrist. This is my first post don't know much about this site I am just praying that not everyone I know finds this and just you guys see it. I have a tingling head more like my hair tingles all over from time to time. I have not been able to sleep well lately and everyday my eyes burn becasue I am exhausted. The bridge of my nose hurts at times and my forehead feels some pain. The back of my head hurts once in awhile. I am convinced I have cancer. It all started a few weeks ago with a crawling sensation on my head thought a spider was on me. Is this normal to any of you or am I really experiencing cancer...thanks for any responses

vader100222
04-06-09, 22:11
first of all welcome

I find this site a great help i come here whenever i feel uneasy or panicy.
I get head pains and pressure all the time my doc puts it to anxiety have you seen a doc yet? if not i would suggest book an appointment straight away.

martlou
04-06-09, 22:14
Hi :)

What does your doc say about it all? The body can cause all sorts of strange things if you are feeling a bit under the weather, anxious, stressed or tired. I was convinced that my headaches were more than just tension headaches as sometimes I would get them for weeks at a time, all day, all night , never ending.. was awful :( Now I get a combination of headaches, upset stomach, sickness in the middle of the night and now palpitations... all from anxiety. I also had what felt like a bruised nose for a week... antibiotics cleared it up but what an earth was that all about!

I'm so glad I found this forum as I know that what I experience is not uncommon and it's great to hear peoples tips and opinions. I really thought I had something wrong with me but now I know that it is anxiety... I just never realised that all these things could stem from it!

Peppercat
04-06-09, 22:41
Hi, my gp suggested I saw a psychiatrist...after dreadful anxiety & depression and all sorts of tingling, migraines, I really was dreadful
I saw one (there was a long waiting list on NHS) and so I used all my holiday money for this year and went privately.
That was in March, today I am happy, confident and my life is back on track.
He suggested medication & CBT, I followed his advice to the letter and put myself in his hands, the CBT has been amazing once you start to understand the concept....it teaches you to overcome & live with your fears, and turn your negative thoughts into positive ones. If you want to understand more I recommend the book 'CBT For Dummies' You will understand your feelings more, but if you see a CBT therapist you will be guided and helped and you will have someone on your side who totally understands the hell you are going through. I am taking Sertraline, which has a few side effects when starting - but if you bear with it it really helps too.
There is no shame in seeing a psychiatrist, if you had a bad heart you would see a cardiologist ...I have told people - they dont view me differently, they are just glad I am returning to my old self.
Good luck & keep posting, there's lots of great people on this site who will support and encourage you.....
Peppercat

duskess
05-06-09, 14:52
Hello and Welcome to NMP , lots of understanding here , when you visit your psychiatrist, you will be assessed and giving the appropriate help , take care:welcome: d x

lorac
05-06-09, 17:18
Hi

Welcome to the site there is alot of good advice and support on this site.

I have had the head tingling sensation in the past and sometimes still do, it is a really annoying symptom but it is anxiety so please forget the cancer worry.

Take care

Carol