PDA

View Full Version : Crazy fear of getting pregnant without sex

ragamuffin734
04-06-09, 23:25
Hi there, I have this fear that I know is completely irrational but I can't seem to shake it. For as long as I can remember I have been afraid of somehow getting pregnant without even having sex.

I've never even taken my clothes off with a man; all I've done recently is made out and "dry humped" with my boyfriend, yet I keep fearing that somehow that is going to get me pregnant. I even checked my pants after we were together the last time for any wet spots, but there weren't any, and my period is always completely regular. When I was in college I heard this story about this girl who got pregnant from "messing around," and when her boyfriend found out he thought she was cheating on him since they hadn't actually had intercourse, and with my general issues with anxiety, that story freaked me out a lot. And also somebody told me recently about that "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" show where apparently people were pregnant without knowing it.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced similar phobias and how you deal with them. I am going to talk to a counselor about it, as I am fully aware that this is not rational or normal and obviously not good for my relationships. Thank you for any words of advice and encouragement!

duskess
05-06-09, 00:01
Hello , Sorry to hear your having a hard time with your thoughts and you know youself you cannot get pregnant without having sex , as for the girl who got pregnant at college if this girls boyfriend semen touched her vagina , yes she could get pregant that way although its quite rare , yes chat to a councillor about your fears , but you cannot get pregnant unless semen touches your vagina , i do hope you get over your fears , take care d x

ragamuffin734
07-06-09, 03:22
Thank you for your kind words duskess.

purpleflurp
15-08-09, 04:48
ragamuffin, I would like to to read some of my posts. They are very similar to yours. I, too, am deeply afraid of becoming pregnant ever since I was 10 or so. Like becoming pregnant without sex. And you have a boyfriend, so your worry makes a little more sense, but I haven't even KISSED a boy. Never even had a GUY friend. Im only 14 so that's okay, but still, its ridiculous. That show "I didn't Know I was pregnant" is an AWFUL AWFUL show. NEVER watch it, it will do nothing but freak you out. The only woman that ever got pregnant without sex was Virgin Mary who gave birth to Christ. I mean sure artifical implantation, where they take sperm and shove it up your vagina like a needle. They dont try to get women pregnant by rubbing some sperm by their vagina. BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK! It's harder to get pregnant than you might think. First, it must be a fertile time of month for you, then you must get the penis inside (which is quite hard), and he must ejaculate INSIDE. Pre-cum has no sperm in it. Its been tested, and the whole things a hoax. Those teen pregnancy awareness things mean well, but they just freak you out. And the whole fingering with sperm on your hand gets you pregnant thing, is pretty fake. You need a very high concentration of sperm to get pregnant. Have you seen the "Miracle of life"? It was such a hard battle to get that woman pregnant, I mean hundreds of millions of sperm, and only one made it to the egg. Those things arent smart. They dont know where to go if they are outside the vagina hole. They just stay there until wiped off. They aren't strong enough to get through undies. 4 inches is like a marathon to them. Going thorugh fabric on top of that is impossible. Getting pregnant is a lot harder than they make it sound on like the Secret Life of the American Teenager. I mean, safe sex is important, but really, its NOT THAT EASY. I know, I'm 14, how do I know this? Lets say, I freak over pregnancy so much, I do a LOT of research on it.
Hope this helped.
xoxo
Em

Anxious_gal
15-08-09, 17:45
maybe using condoms, ones you buy yourself and using the pill or some other form of contraceptive.
always check the condom after sex to make sure it didn't break.
if it does you have the pill as a back up and now a days you can get the morning after pill.
hope this helps x