PDA

View Full Version : fed up with headache

magpie girl
05-06-09, 13:01
Ive had this pain in the right side of my head for 9 weeks nows,and no amount of pain killers will shift it.Today my scalp went all funny like i had fleas running round the right side of my scalp and i couldnt stop scratching it.I told my gp yet again and he just said how strange!!!!! has anyone else had this its driving me mad now and in scared

melody
06-06-09, 05:53
I get that. It's very frustrating. I get a lot of headaches & a lot of other pains. It has been many years, I think I am getting better at coping with it. The only thing that sometimes helps is to have extra sleep, like an afternoon nap on weekends etc. & allow my body to recover, sometimes I do neck & shoulder & upper back stretching to ease pain, but when it's that intense I have to rest. Any exercise helps, I think it realigns the body acids whatever they're called, but especially stretching muscle groups for me helps.

I hope yours is temporary like some people say they get. I had to accept there is no cure & try to make the most of my life despite being in pain for the majority of it. That took years. That's OK I guess, I still have a lot of years to go yet.....

Best wishes,

Melody