PDA

View Full Version : depo injection and panic attacks

tracy1972
05-06-09, 23:15
does anyone know if there is a link between the depo injection and panic attacks i have been on this for 11yrs and have suffered panic/anxiety for 11yrs just wondering wether hormonal or the injection itself if there is a link thanks for helping in advance

lainey
06-06-09, 09:52
Hi Tracy
I am 99% convinced that the depo injection started my anxiety off, I stopped taking it and then my mum died so it took about 12 months befoer I started to feel better. That was 12 years ago, I was good for about 7 years then it all came back when hubby was diagnosed with cancer, he is ok now but I am still suffering and I am convinced that depo was the root of my problems. Hope this helps.

Take care

Elaine x

amandaj
06-06-09, 19:49
ive actually been worse since i stopped having the depo last september , i fel really ill all the time, and bleeding every other week strange isnt it how our bodies react differently

Angela0872
07-06-09, 08:21
I've been on Depo for about 5 years now and use this to control cluster headaches. I don't think the depo is causing any of my anxiety, although everyone's body is different and we all react differently to different medications. Side effects of Depo Provera can include headaches, nervousness, mood changes, bloating, hot flashes, decreased interest in sex, breast tenderness, acne, hair loss, and back ache. So there are some similarities there between side effects of depo and symptoms of anxiety.