PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else..

SarahP
06-06-09, 17:53
...ever feel like something in their mind is stopping them from feeling better?? Almost like some part of you doesn't want to. Which is crazy but driving me mad.

I know what I should be doing, and I know what I want to be like, but it's like my brain is determined to come up with reasons to stay anxious. This is the fourth time I've suffered seriously with my GAD, and am getting very frustrated as it's been going on for eight months this time now, and it's like my brain's resisting all the things that have worked before. I thought it should get easier each time but I just seem to be taking longer to bounce back each time. This really scares me.

I have the most random abstract thoughts at the moment, and absolutely anything can startle and panic me.

I just feel like now I've seen the world this way, will I ever see it another way again? Every time I feel I'm getting somewhere I'll slide back down and feel awful yet again. I feel like I'm going mad!!!!!!

There's so much I want to do with my life, but making it a reality scares me. I sometimes feel like there's no escaping this time.

Thanks for reading

:weep: Sarah xx

bottleblond
06-06-09, 18:18
Sarah

You know, somtimes it's easier to accept how we are rather than fight it. Fighting it is so much hard work.
I am saying this because i do it myself at times. I push myself and do really well for a while and then i deflate and say 'ok i'll do it tomorrow' but when tomorrow comes, i put it off again until i am ready to put in the work again.
It's a vicious circle and the only way to overcome it is to set yourself goals and stick to them. Even when you want to say 'i'll do it tomorrow' try not to.
Keep going until it gets easier, because it does.

I hope things work out for you!
Lisa
xxx

sunndyd
06-06-09, 19:01
that exactly how i feel at the moment, nut i have had a great day pushing myself forward ate out in public which was hard even went to my cousins birthday party with my nephew lol only lasted an hr and 45 mins i was exhausted... i just try not to let my mind think about my hypersensitivity. It will get better be patient x x x x x

EmmaJane
06-06-09, 19:06
I totally agree with Lisa, a good reply

x

EmmaJane
06-06-09, 19:07
Hmmm

Looks like a keyboard issue tonight, looking at my edit :-)

reallyfedup
06-06-09, 19:36
am exactly the same- 8 months for me too. Can't see me ever feeling normal again. Love x:weep:

sunndyd
06-06-09, 19:48
please don't be disheartened its the positive stuff that keeps me goin and hoping:) i'm trying to do by stopping the negative thoughts in there tract or ignoring them and telling that its just my anxiety that are causing these negative thought relax and it will pass and smiling lol been smiling a lot today :) :bighug1:

mdLc
07-06-09, 02:35
Yes Sarah..I completely relate to what you are saying..I feel the exact same way...though Ive had dealt with panic and anxiety numerous times before, this time it feels as if it will be ongoing and I will not overcome.

Every time I start feeling better, my mind gets the best of me and I start down falling, even though I am on meds.

SarahP
07-06-09, 09:53
Thanks everyone. I had a panic attack this morning, but it seems to have subsided now. I just feel so fed up of analysing everything I'm doing or thinking. You know, 'is it making me feel better or worse? why is it making me feel better or worse? how do I feel compared to that other time I felt like this?' And on and on. I know I need to stop this, it's just really hard at the moment when I feel like I'l be like it forever no matter what I do.

So tired and all I can hear is my blood pumping in my ears :weep:

Not fun.

Not going to give up though. I can't imagine how I'm going to feel better, but maybe that will make it even more interesting and exciting when it happens :blush:

Sarah xx

Desprate Dan
07-06-09, 10:34
I feel exactly the same, i am constantly analysing myself, and i cant stop negative thoughts creeping into my mind as much as i dont want them too i just cant seem to stop them as if they are torturing me,:weep: i really cant live the rest of my life like this :ohmy: . People have said that it seems as if i need these negative thoughts,:mad: :huh: which then upset me because i certainly dont, than i question my sanitity maybe it is me........I am lost i just dont know what i feel anymore....:wacko: :wacko:

SarahP
07-06-09, 17:42
GJW,

I have felt totally the same as you today. Luckily, I started reading At Last A Life by Paul David, which I'd bought ages ago, and something seems to have clicked! It's all about not fighting the anxiety or trying to get rid of it, as this makes it worse. I'm really starting to see I've been trying too hard, and need to give my poor mind a break. Not as easy as it sounds...but let's give it a go :)

Sarah xx

sunndyd
07-06-09, 19:00
i have the ebook - the mind work the final version it has a similar philosophy