PDA

View Full Version : So glad I found this site...

redkiwi78
06-06-09, 18:52
I'd never heard of health anxiety before I came to this site! I'm a 31 year old female and started having pins & needles in left arm, leg and face, jerking muscles, dizziness, tiredness and even though i've been to dr. for tests (still waiting for results) he didn't once suggest it might be anxiety. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing! BUt even though i've been having this for over a month and generally feel pretty bad, i haven't been rushed to hospital yet so I'm thinking health anxiety might be the answer. But still I'm having the symptoms, even as I'm typing this I'm dizzy and secretly freaking out and stroke/brain tumour/ms. Shouldn't coming to terms with anxiety calm down my symptoms? Of course it's mainly when I'm alone I feel like this, I'm afriad I'll pass out in my flat by myself and no-one will find me for days!
All this is very scary as I'm usually a fairly confident, independant person but for the last month i've been avoiding being alone as much as possible, avoiding new situations or travelling very far as i feel i can cope with it. Oh dear, I need help don't I....

marge simpson
13-08-09, 10:04
hi,

im supprisedyour doctor has not suggested anxiety as they are all very common symptoms. I have them all aswell, feelin like im not really here or like im going to faint, chest pains, palpatations, insomnia, ver breahing, u name it ive had it. i worry myself sily about one thing and then it teds to go and something else starts. You arnt alone, so many people on here have the same symptoms. at the oment im getting loads of twitches and jerks but im too scared to go to the doctor, ive been before and she told me it 'could' be anxiety. a pretty stupid thing to say to someone with health anxiety because as im sure you know, words like 'could' or 'might' be dont give us any reasurrance at all. we need to here 'no you are DEFINATELY fine' and even then we probably still woudnt believe it.

hope you start feeling better soon, try to remember it is just your mind and body playing tricks on you and find a diferent doctor if yours is unsympathetic.

clare xx

gypsywomen
13-08-09, 10:15
you sound like you have anxiety.i have all of the symtoms you have and feel the same way its hell...wish there was a cure but we have to suffer,,, i feel for you ,,i hope you get some answers off your docter remember yor not alone thousends of us:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: