PDA

View Full Version : anxious

laurap
06-06-09, 20:42
hi back again i have been suffering from gad for 2 years now but i had 7 months off nothing and mostly feeling great. Now for the last few days i have got my anxitey back i thought i was doing well. i work part time and have been asked to be a superviser so i think i am a bit worried about the extra pressure. do you think that it might off triggered it .
any advise anyone
thanks
laura :hugs:

melody
07-06-09, 04:27
Hi Laura, I would be nervous too, but also excited. Congratulations!!! Of course it's up to you if you accept the position or not. They must have noticed you doing a good job if they offered you the position & I assume a nice pay rise :)

Important: do you know how many extra hours you will have to work & are you willing to work that much? It may be an idea to ask other supervisors what they think of the job & if that company treats them well. It is a good idea to know what you are getting yourself in for before you make an informed decision.
Ask about what the duties will be. People can be tricky, but it is a wonderful learning experience that you would never forget if you took it up.

It's normal to be worried, but I think you should be proud of yourself. Good work. If it is too much, I am certain they will let you take a demotion again so long as you give a reasonable amount of notice. If it were me I would grab the opportunity without a second though, I am very ambitious. If you turn it down, at least you will know that you ARE good enough to be considered for the opportunity :)

Melody

laurap
07-06-09, 12:32
thanks for the replay i will be doing the same hours 20 and the same day only thing i will have different is more responabilty. i just hate been anxious do you have the same problems
laura x:)

melody
08-06-09, 02:01
Hi Laura,

Yes I do have the same problems. Every time I say or do anything, I may get this feeling of doom like I did it the wrong way. If I back flip & do it the other way if it comes up again, then I feel awful thinking I must have been right the first time. Basically I keep telling myself that no matter what I decide about anything is wrong, I confuse myself. There is no answer to it because we are allowed to do whatever we want, whenever we want in reality. Anxiety is a terrible way to live. I have a lot of coping techniques, but sometimes it can feel like life is one worry after another perpetually, even though I know that other than my distorted thinking, I don't have many problems in my life anymore. All I can do is keep fighting on & continue seeking the actual truth of each situation, not my self hating "garbage thoughts" as I call the ones going against what's right for me. It is getting much clearer than it was a couple of years ago. My mind floods with so many overwhelming conflicting thoughts about everything all the time.

I guess I'm the opposite. Throwing myself into more work eases off my anxiety, it gives me something else to focus on. If I am worried, at least it's a problem I can solve rationally. Responsibility makes me happier & feel more productive & useful. I find it exciting, being good at things is a positive experience.

If you feel very strongly that you don't want the responsibility, you don't have to accept the position. Not everyone wants to climb the corporate ladder. It's your choice. If you can't work it out, you could try one of those lists with pros on one side & cons on the other. See which has the most pros...?

Best wishes :)

Melody