PDA

View Full Version : C.B.T...and also a lil question (emtophobic)

sweetypie
06-06-09, 22:51
hiya guys has some of you no iv been suffering really bad since my daughter was born at christmas

well finally i got my first appointment for cbt but its taken alot of heartache and stress panic and painfull days to get to this point im really looking forward to this as i no it has helped alot of emetophobias

im hoping you guys what have had cbt would share there storys and hopefully shed some light on this so i can be sure its going to help me
also im having a rough time at the moment has my daughter was S*ck last night only twice no bile no temp no runny stools praying my hardest its not a bug my mother says its not and its hard to belive but iv got to

hopfully some of u can also put my mind at rest
much appreciated amy xxxx

JohnLuke300
07-06-09, 13:00
The therapist will help you understand how negative emotions like anxiety can cause us all to think in a negative way. They also try to help you to identify the thoughts and assumptions that you might have that could be contributing to your anxiety and maintaining you phobia. They will also try to look at ways to boost you confidence and self-esteem as these are often deflated by anxiety and essential if you are to overcome your phobia.

I am a social phobia sufferer and spent 3 months in CBT. Although I had read and understood a lot about how CBT worked I found just talking about you problems to someone who was sympathetic was beneficial. Not everything that they suggest will help but hopefully if you are determined you will find that CBT can at least make thing seem little easier and help you to understand what you will have do to overcome you phobia. But for CBT to work you have to accept it, be patient (it's not a quick cure) and stick with it.

In my experience the only true way to overcome your fear is by exposing yourself to it. In CBT they will help you work out a plan of exposure in small manageable steps. Ultimately success will be based on how willing and determined you are to take risks. Each success will bring more confidence and reduce the anxiety.

Good luck.

JohnLuke300
07-06-09, 13:21
In addition to my last post.

I have just realised what emtophobia is.

Exposure might prove difficult!

Will try to research phobia in advance next time. :)

sweetypie
08-06-09, 23:53
iv tried exposure lol dint go down very well has im taking anti sickness meds i tried to make my self sick and for some reason i couldnt throw up my partner did it first to prove its not so bad but after that my condition got worse
any way tomorrow is the big day i meet my cbt and im so excited it means the balls rolling
thank you soo much for your reply