PDA

View Full Version : sigmoidoscopy 2morrow!

leah22
07-06-09, 08:37
hi there, i have not posted for a long time but after 3 months wait i finally have my sigmoidoscopy 2morrow and i am very very scared, part of me feels like canceling it, although i know if i just do it, by 2morrow night i could be relieved that all this worry for months was for nothing, but i am so scared of hospitals this is half th problem!

maddie
07-06-09, 10:23
:hugs: leah
Not a pleasant procedure, but nowhere near as bad as you are fearing. Do go, otherwise, you'll always wonder if they would have found something. xxx

Trixie
07-06-09, 13:04
hi there, i have not posted for a long time but after 3 months wait i finally have my sigmoidoscopy 2morrow and i am very very scared, part of me feels like cancelling it, although i know if i just do it, by 2morrow night i could be relieved that all this worry for months was for nothing, but i am so scared of hospitals this is half th problem!

It's fine I had it done twice once in the doctors and once in hospital (I have diverticular disease).

I am sure if it was something iffy you would have had it done before now.

fairyloveheart
07-06-09, 21:47
Hiya
I have had one two and I was petrified, but it really wasn't as bad as I thought. The worse bit was the enema (not sure how you spell it!) beforehand! It just felt like you had a bit of wind pain!

EmmaJane
07-06-09, 21:50
Hi

Good luck for tomorrow. What is a sigmoidoscopy??

xx

leah22
08-06-09, 12:35
Thanks for the replies well i'm back and all went well, the procedure was quick and no serious problems detected. Just been left with alot of trapped wind!!