PDA

View Full Version : I've Been Cold Recently

GibbZ
07-06-09, 10:01
Hey I'm new hear, but still I can tell I definately have some form of health anxiety.

Recently I got diagnosed with "a start of a peptic ulcer" and I've had terrible heartburn and problems. I'm on antacids that take away the pain but still, it gets me worried.

The problem is I've been really cold (my body that is) from a few days ago. Normally I don't get cold easily and actually walk around even in cold weather from place to place and warm up once inside very easily. But recently Ive found I go really cold and when I go into a warm room even then I stay at an average temperature but with cold hands and feet. Instead of sitting in my room with just my boxers on, I'm sitting with a t-shirt, socks and boxers and my rooms fairly warm.

It started a few days ago mainly while I've had my stomach issues for about a week and a half.

I was worried that it could be anemia/low blood pressure from a bleeding ulcer. Is this a common sign of anxiety?
(btw it is fairly constant)

maddie
07-06-09, 10:21
I have this coldness too. Even the last few days I've had the electric blanket on in bed. I get bone cold and it takes ages to warm up.

GibbZ
07-06-09, 10:28
I generally find it affects my body all over except my head.

I am genuinley cold too as people feel my hands and say they are cold.

GibbZ
07-06-09, 23:07
Anyone?

Meewah
07-06-09, 23:23
Hi

Panic causes your body to withdraw blood to the heart, brain, lungs etc to allow us to make a quick escape in times of extreme danger. The problem is with anxiety or panic the same happens causing us to become cold.

Hope this helps

Mee

GibbZ
08-06-09, 17:38
Yeah but it is a constant thing, panic attack or not. (Haven't had a panic attack in a week now.)