PDA

View Full Version : its 3.15am and im still awake

stormy
03-09-05, 03:08
hi im stormy, im new to this, as in talking to others about things, i was actually looking for carers forums but found this, which has meaning to me as well.
it was always the, im on my own when suffering from depression or helping others with the illness. but then i discovered, im not on my own, i can talk about it and it helps even when i dont know why i feel that way. if that makes any sence.
i have suffered from depression most of my life, i was anorexic, i tried suicide, but im ok there was a light at the end of the tunnel, it was me with a torch waving to myself saying its ok to be you.
i suffer from the worse case of SAD every year and take anti depressents to help it. i care for my boyfriend who is disabled, he also suffers from depression but has got better with my help, he can open the curtains now and let in the sun.
i find that writing poems has helped me cope with what i feel, and i would recommend it to anyone.
and painting your feelings on a bit of paper.
i have learnt that being depressed isnt a bad thing as long as you admit to it inside. people dont have to exept you, joe blogs down the road isnt part of my life, so why do i care what he thinks.
i still smile at him which is more than he does to me.
anyway sorry about that i was drifting away there.
[8)]
anyway, yeh. x stormy

in1peace
03-09-05, 03:50
Hi Stormy!
Welcome! This is a great site for you to talk to others about things ! I'm pretty new here too! I have felt so welcomed and accepted by everybody. It's so wonderful to meet so many people who understand what you are going through!
Maybe you could share some of your poetry at this site?
I wish you the best!
Love,
Andrea

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

sueiamnew
03-09-05, 06:55
Welcome Stormy!

Meg
03-09-05, 10:26
Nice to meet you Stormy, glad you stopped by.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
03-09-05, 10:40
Welcome aboard Stormy!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Karen
03-09-05, 10:48
Hi Stormy

Welcome to the forum.

Well done for your progress in getting over depression and anorexia. I am currently suffering from anorexia among other things and know recovery isn't easy.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
03-09-05, 12:37
Hi Stormy :D

WELCOME TO HE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

alexis
03-09-05, 13:01
Hi Stormy welcome to the site, I love your attitude about the torch and Joe bloggs etc, I certainly need a dose of that well done and stay around, Love Alexis,xx

tammyg
03-09-05, 14:06
Hi Stormy,

I am sure you will get lots of support here. It sounds like you have a great attitude towards it all.

Tam x

pinkscrumpy
03-09-05, 21:02
Hi Stormy

Welcome to the site :D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

sal
04-09-05, 16:46
Hi Stormy

Welcome to the site. Great to hear how your have overcome your problems and are helping others in the same situation. I bet your boyfriend is truly grateful to you for all the support and understanding you have given him.

Hope to hear some more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

eeyorelover
04-09-05, 21:08
Hi stormy and welcome aboard !!!

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

clickaway
04-09-05, 21:32
Hi Stormy!

Welcome to the site - I have found it to be fabulous!

A few people here write poems (not me), and you should look them out in Poets Corner on the main home page. Why not add a few?

Poets Corner (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=poems)

I'm sure you will progress and progress

Keep on to that torch!

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

nomorepanic
06-09-05, 09:44
Hi Stormy

Welcome aboard.

If you want to send me some of your poems then I can put them on the website.

"people dont have to exept you, joe blogs down the road isnt part of my life, so why do i care what he thinks."

I like that and it so very true. We don't have to please others we have to please ourselves.

I hope the fourm will be of some help to you .

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"