PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else experienced this?

Sonya
07-06-09, 20:39
I started on 5mg of cipralex 2 weeks ago and on day 4 my anxiety was gone then i had a week of feeling completely calm and "normal". Then yesterday i woke up with that horrible dreaded feeling and really bad agitation especially in my legs ive still got it now! Has anyone else had this and has it gone away again i really dont want to go back to how i was feeling after such a good week :sad:

sunndyd
07-06-09, 20:52
you should go back to your dr, he may be able to advice you. he may suggest you increase your dose of citalopram, also citalopram may take sometime to get into your system and build up to the levels it needs to maintain the effect you want please be patient x x x

magpie girl
07-06-09, 21:18
hi sonya im aalso on 5 mg of cipralex the same happend to me,i had terrible side effect but its starting to subside now,i feel a little jittery but nowere near as bad they say it were,s off after 4-6weeks

Sonya
07-06-09, 23:49
thanks for your replies, im going to phone my gp in the morning and see what he says, i do think i need to be a bit more patient i think because ive had a taste of feeling anxiety free i want it back, so ill see how it goes and take it one day at a time xxx

sunndyd
10-06-09, 15:53
hey wot did the doc say?

Sonya
10-06-09, 17:22
Hiya, he didnt think the 5mg was high enough so the effects of the cipralex was probably wearing off at night and causing me to have panic attacks, also it could just be side effects. I upped to 10mg yesterday and i had a good nights sleep, i feel a bit spaced out and anxious but im guessing thats just with the increase and should settle soon. On a plus im feeling the positives of this tablet already ive not got panic going through my head every minute and i can concentrate again something that i really couldnt do this time last month, so this tablet must be agreeing with me xx