PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out About Bruises, please help

lindzanne
07-06-09, 22:03
I posted something in the Citalopram forum but wanted a broader audience. I just upped my citalopram dose from 20-40 mg. I have read some info that gives me the impression that it can thin your blood. I also get monster migraines on my period and exedrin is the only thing that helps (tylenol-aspirin-caffiene) which aspirin also thins your blood. Over the last week when I have been taking both my legs have been covered in bruises, some tiny some large, some painful some not so much. I of course am freaking out about leukemia.
Does anyone else know anything about these drugs making it easier to bruise,or had similar experiences?
Thanks
Lindsay:ohmy:

lrforge
08-06-09, 02:42
i wonder if this is common from taking these meds. I am on sertraline and have bruises all the time now. I did go into the ER one night after speaking with phone nurse about this. Antidepressants can affect your platelets. SO I had all the bloodwork done and everything was time. Mention it to your GP and take it from there. I bet you money everything is just fine. I did find others with this problem to...