PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety or not???

jadeamy
07-06-09, 23:47
:emot-crying: hey everyone,

the story is this...

I have always worried about my health (not sure what started it all) it seems to flare up evry now and then, unfortunately my son caught pneumonia this year and was really poorly so not sure if that set it off again but it is now taking over my life to the point where i am driving everoneerent away, everyday is a day of anxiety, i range from brain tumors to every kind of cancer, i have lost a bit of weight recently and people have commented on it, i havent done anything different so am now convinced i have cancer and thats why im losing weight, sometimes i try to tell myself its just my hyphocondria but then i think what if something seriously is wrong, is there anybody out there like me? i drink every evening (about a bottle of wine nearly) to calm my anxiety which isnt good either, i just seem to drive everyone mad when i tell them of my worries, even my husband is sick of it now, all i want is a bit of peace

agnes
08-06-09, 00:02
jadeamy, i just met you in the chat room, but it was a bit quiet tonight. i really do recognise what you post about, my anxiety revolves around my health. i don't like being told i've lost weight or look ill because it compunds my worry. even the most minor physical symptom can start the anxiety cycle.

have you spoken to your gp about it?

theia

j2
08-06-09, 03:30
I completely understand what you are going through. I spend everyday thinking I have something wrong with me and that it is always something horrible. I have the occasional day when I feel OK, but then something new pops up and I am back to miseable. Right now I am convinced I have something wrong with my liver or colon since I am having dry skin and random pains. I will I knew what to tell you but I can only say that we all suffer and we won't judge. Post here whenever you need to hear so support. Good luck

g200068x
08-06-09, 03:38
i know what you mean-everytime i have a new symptom i'm like "oh this is the REALLY serious one now". i've found it really helpful to write down whenever i feel anxious about something, then next time i've decided something really is wrong this time, just look back over the diary and see how absolutely convinced i was the last time it turned out to be nothing!