PDA

View Full Version : Pinprick rash :(

Francesca501
08-06-09, 01:28
Hi everyone, I've been suffering with various forms of anxiety for about 7 months now and have made quite substantial recovery, but still get the occasional (probably irrational) worry and tonight its about a pinprick rash that I've just noticed on my feet- really tiny little marks under the skin, some red, some brown, do not fade when pressed. as a uni student i get constantly bombarded with warnings about meningitis, so of course that was my immediate worry. looked on nhs direct and all the advice suggests that i immediately call an ambulance (panic!!!) but the thing is that i feel perfectly fine and have no other symptoms and i know im prone to excessive worry. so, i was just wondering if anyone on here had any advice or suggestions as to what else it could be- please reply asap, as i have an exam in the morning and would really like to go to bed worry free!

g200068x
08-06-09, 02:50
hi, hope you get this in time! first time ive posted but it's so weird-exactly same thing happened to me today, same pinprick spots! completely freaked myself out, convinced myself i had a stiff neck as well (although shockingly, when i forgot i thought i had a stiff neck, it's gone!), went to hospital (only second time ive gone as normally can calm myself down but really did work myself up when they didnt fade), turns out im fine! they did blood work and everything.
so yeah my spots were under the skin on my chest, didn't fade when pressed. the doctor told me the rash is normally the last thing that appears, (seems like the emphasis placed on it is misleading as you'd already be feeling pretty horrendous by that point), and following that you'd deteriorate quickly.
some of the checks they did on me was to see if i could put my chin on my chest, bring knees up to touch chin.
as for other causes, i guess just anxiety was mine, maybe exam stress for you? hope you managed to sleep ok, i had exams couple of weeks ago (student as well) and convinced myself that as i'd hit my head, i was going the natasha richardson way so couldnt sleep all week-useful!
if you're still worried you could always go get bloodwork done, mine were back within the hour and the hospital were very understanding as they said they should check the rash, but even as they were telling me to get it done i think it was really to cover their own back as the guy categorically said "they will be normal"