PDA

View Full Version : allergic reactions?

the_worrier
08-06-09, 18:13
hello
i'm really in a mess here. i've been taking propranolol for about a week.
started on 40mg 3 times a day but was having breathing difficulties on day 2 so my doc advised me to split the tablets and take 20mg 3 times a day.

it's worked (a little). after my first tablet at 8am i feel great usually until around 4pm when i have been taking my 2nd tablet. this is when the anxiety seems to set in and i have breathing problems, chest pains, panic attacks etc.. for the rest of the night.

today i haven't taken my 2nd tablet and i'm feeling scared, my head feels cloudy and i can feel my chest tightening & my temperature rising. i dont' know whether i'm feeling like this because i'm panicking since i haven't taken the tablet or if i'm feeling like this because i'm allergic to or i'm having a reaction to the tablets.

has anyone else been through this, i know it's a low dose so i'm guessing it's more me but i'm petrified of taking another tablet incase it kills me. i really don't know what to do.

Hayles p
12-06-09, 16:38
I used to take proprananol 3 times a day and what i found was it was too much for me n it slowed my heart rate right down so i then felt like i couldnt breath. maybe at 4 your not ready for another dose or maybe you need less than you had in the morning because its stiil working. im really not sure about this drug. it made me feel very spaced out n not with it and just wanted to sleep. i ended up taking myself off of it :-)

the_worrier
24-06-09, 21:05
thank you, i think i was having a bit of an "episode" when i typed that last message and went to the doctors.

my doctor's now put me on diazepam 2x 2mg 3 times a day so now i'm scared (of course) of any side effects if mixed with the propranalol.

does anyone take the 2 together?

Chips
26-06-09, 13:53
Yes, I take the two together and have had no problems. I take 40mg Propranolol plus 2 mg diazepam in the morning and again later in the day if i need to. I have also noticed slightly harder breathing sometimes with the Propranolol but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

the_worrier
26-06-09, 16:09
thank you Chips!

how about alcohol? i have a really big reunion tomorrow that will be lasting easily 9 or 10 hours and would love a few beers but i've been told the diazepam reacts badly with alcohol so i'm wary of having even 1 drink.

Chips
26-06-09, 17:22
I don't drink so can't answer that one I'm afraid. Best to stay sober I'd think.

the_worrier
26-06-09, 17:23
ok thanks anyway.

i asked my doctor who said "it's up to you"

great huh :huh: