PDA

View Full Version : Exposure for OCD

Helena
25-06-03, 10:17
Could anyone tell me where I could get hold of a 'loop cassette' to be used as part of an exposure and response prevention programme?

nomorepanic
06-09-03, 19:07
Sorry I don't know of one.

Have you tried searching on the internet atall?

Nic

alexiussooty
07-09-03, 02:28
Hi Helena:

Try this link and then search site for OCD. http://www.prioryhealthcare.com

Regards:

Nick.

bishop
25-09-03, 15:09
hi helena
sorry too be so nosy,but what is a loop cassette.
bish

alexiussooty
27-09-03, 01:14
Hi Bishop:

You must be too young to remember a time before CD's, a loop cassette is a cassette that replays itself over and over again, you never reach the end. Its an old fashioned version of continuous play.

Regards:

Nick.

nomorepanic
27-09-03, 17:53
Don't you also need a tape player that will switch to the other side as well though. My personal stereo stops at the end of the tape.

Nicola

alexiussooty
07-10-03, 02:40
Hi Nicola:

Interesting question, I do know that the cassettes made in this format were short when compared to the standards of other cassettes and that the start of the tape was linked to the end hence the continuous play without needing a reverse or loop function on the player. I also know that this trick was used in video editing with video tapes but for what purpose I have no idea.

Cheers:

Nick.

nomorepanic
07-10-03, 20:48
Nick

I get the idea thanks. I think they are a good idea cos you can sleep and continuously listen to the tape.

helena - did you get one anyway?

Nicola

Helena
15-10-03, 09:26
Managed to get one eventually from a place called protape. Thanks for your messages, Helena