PDA

View Full Version : Tiredness

mico
05-01-04, 22:26
Does any one have any suggestions for the relief of anxiety induced tiredness? I wake up in the morning and just don't want to get out of bed because I feel so lethargic. I just feel I would have a much greater chance to break free from my anxiety if I had more willingness and energy to do it. I'm quite positive about my battle with anxiety but this is gettin' me down a little. Any comments are more than welcome to be heard.

Cheers

Meg
05-01-04, 22:33
Are you taking any supplements and what are your eating habits like ?

Meg

benoo5
06-01-04, 00:01
are you taking exercise ? are you relaxing properly before bedtime ? ,for instance,a long hot bath,no lights,just a candle...there is so much you can do,to relax yourself..beautiful music,a good relaxation tape,as meg says, your diet is soo important to sleep,
put relaxation in the search facility,at the top right of this page,and read the posts.

best wishes..bryan.

mico
06-01-04, 18:00
I don't take any supplements normally, my eating habits can be pretty bad but they have improved greatly recently due to my New Years resolution.

I get regular exercise, and yes I do find ways to realax, although I must admit it isn't as routine as it should be.

Apart from that I sleep fine, to be honest I think I sleep too deeply sometimes. I don't feel so much like I need to sleep through the day, just lethargic. Just thought anyone might have some good tips that's all. Thanks for the help so far anyway.

later

PinkLady
06-01-04, 18:51
I have found that without a routine it makes it hard for me to
want to do anything some days. I don't know your routine, but
if you had a commitment to something you enjoy or to have coffee
with someone who looks forward to you being there. I look forward
to exercising on Saturday mornings and it is one day of the week
at 7am I eat and await my ride.

Hopefully you find your energy boost!
Trina

Trina

mico
06-01-04, 22:58
I Know I should have some form of routine and it is always recomended by doctors and whatnot to us anxious people, the fact is I'm just not a routine kind of a person, never have been probably never will. This probably just hinders me I know, I just like every day to be different. Oh well.

uryjm
07-01-04, 22:41
Sometimes if I oversleep I feel a lot more tired and lethargic during the day. Perhaps you should try having five or six hours instead of eight or nine, see how that makes you feel.

Jim

mico
07-01-04, 22:48
I know what you mean about oversleeping, I can do that quite often sometimes. But five or six hours? That would kill me!

No seriously though, that's a good point, maybe I should cut down a little sometimes, although I would've said about a half hour less, not 3 hours! hehe.

Meg
07-01-04, 22:54
Hi Mico,

What do you think about each morning when you wake up ? Do you need to get up at a certain time ? Is it anything to do with motivation ?

eg the day ahead, the day just passed, deadlines, lessons.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

mico
08-01-04, 12:28
Every morning I wake up and think "oh no, it's not that time again is it", lol. I don't know, I'm not much of a morning person. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by your question, upon awakening I find it hard to think of anything logically at all! I really do struggle to get up sometimes and I think that much of the time it's probably related (to some extent) to my anxiety. I find it dfficult to motivate myself sometimes, I know I've got things to do but... I suppose it's like I feel I don't have much energy to get up sometimes, I feel drained before I even get out of bed.

I'd love to be a morning person and wake up feeling fresh but I try and it never seems to happen. So any advice on that too would be greatly appreciated.

To answer your question though, I suppose I think about the day ahead.

Meg
08-01-04, 16:16
If you don't actually have to be somewhere early and are not the best at self motivation, coupled with not being a morning person and perhaps being a bit low in mood :

It sounds normal to me ..

Meg

nomorepanic
08-01-04, 21:14
Mico

Do you like your job?

I am great at getting up in the week when I have to for work but I still think "oh god work again". I am not a great fan of my job but it will do for now - no stress etc.

Just wondered if you were feeling a bit down about your job so find it hard to get going.

Nicola

mico
08-01-04, 21:22
I don't work I'm a student. I suppose though that I've been a little down lately though, more out of frustration than anything I think. Just finding it hard to pick myself up sometimes. Your probably right. I think I'm a little stressed by my studies sometimes but that's just something I need to go through, I know I'll come out ok.