PDA

View Full Version : going to drs tomoorw about antidepressants

sunndyd
08-06-09, 22:44
i have been told by a dr on the phone that tomorrow i need to go back to the surgery and speak to them about antidepressants.
i think from now on im going to take medication with out reading the side effects! lol if i dont know the side effect then i cant get it lol. :ohmy: as i think its the reading of such thing is not helping my anxiety . I will also avoid google and other popular search engines.

Southern_Belle
09-06-09, 16:42
Hi,

I think that is a great idea. Sometimes the less we know if a good thing. You will know if something is different. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Take care,

Laura

sunndyd
09-06-09, 16:46
cipralex and suffering nothing but panic and diazepam dont seem to be working

ElizabethJane
09-06-09, 17:37
It will be better for you if you tell the doctor what disagrees with you as they sometimes forget. Some drugs shouldn't be taken with others but your doctor should know about that too. I'm sorry that you haven't found an anti depressant that agrees with you. I took mirtazapine last year and put on loads of weight. I've also tried duloxetine which made me sick and giddy. I cannot tolerate most pain killers and antibiotics. I seem to become more allergic as I get older. There is no point continuing with a drug if the side effects are too bad but then again some anti ds take up to six weeks to work. Usually it is four to six weeks. Hope you get on ok. Jane

sunndyd
09-06-09, 18:06
It will be better for you if you tell the doctor what disagrees with you as they sometimes forget. Some drugs shouldn't be taken with others but your doctor should know about that too. I'm sorry that you haven't found an anti depressant that agrees with you. I took mirtazapine last year and put on loads of weight. I've also tried duloxetine which made me sick and giddy. I cannot tolerate most pain killers and antibiotics. I seem to become more allergic as I get older. There is no point continuing with a drug if the side effects are too bad but then again some anti ds take up to six weeks to work. Usually it is four to six weeks. Hope you get on ok. Jane

well spoke to dr had to take another diazepam and a propranol as well too much adrenaline in my system i guess