PDA

View Full Version : coming off these wonderful pills

Tracy43
09-06-09, 20:14
Hi All
Not been about for some time, have been pretty good on the whole. Doctor just increased my pills to 30mg which over 5 months going is pretty good. I took the first increased tablet and then decided enough was enough and have decided to come off then.
I have dropped to 10 mg as I have been on 20mg for 2 months and thought 10mg was the next step. Today I feel fine, a little background anxiety but otherwise all fine.
My doctor doe not no I am stopping them, it takes about a week to get to see her so thought I would just do it and then tell her :)
Do you guys think I am doing it ok?
I believe these pills are very good, but I still have not sorted my head and the reason for my problems to start with. But my depression has been almost gone and all the dark thoughts. Its been a pleasure being on them. I just feel its time to try to cope on my own.
What do you all think

T

zavo
09-06-09, 20:33
I have been on pills for about 4 weeks and already feel much better. I think even if you still feel the mildest panic, nerves you should stay on them for now. It's only a personal opinion but as long as they aren't doing any long-term damage, I would hold on for now. Good luck whatever you decide to do and I am glad you feel better. :)

fedupofanxiety
09-06-09, 22:39
in my opinion i would stay on them especailly like zavo sed if you have background anxiety as the tablets are for anxiety as well as depression you may get your anxiety back once of the tablets!! but good luck with whatever you choose.

sunshine-lady
09-06-09, 23:34
I wouldn't withdraw off your meds with out the support of you Dr especially seeing that your Dr feels you need to increase them.

You may be feeling better because the medication is helping you,

Tracy43
10-06-09, 07:56
Yer your all right, I dont know why I was so stressed over not taking them anymore.
I have taken steps this morning to fix other issues in my life but as you all say I dont think the time is right for me to stop the pills.
Thanks guys for the good advice, have a good day all

T

gypsywomen
10-06-09, 07:58
what are the pills called

Tracy43
12-06-09, 17:29
They are Citalopram.
The thing is I do wanna come off them but am scared of how I will be. Cant be doing with feeling so bad again but I am so exhausted 24/7 its getting me down. I never have energy anymore since going on these pills. Yes I am better but the weight gain and lack of energy are starting to be a problem.:weep: