PDA

View Full Version : cipralex

sunndyd
09-06-09, 23:07
hi started cipralex today for anxiety took it about 11am about 12 is minding my own business and started having panic attacks or what i believed t be panic attacks pins and needles in my hands and legs shaking so im wondering if it worth me taking it in the evening oh also took a propranol 40mg, and to diazepam 2mg! and still got the panicy feeling about 2hrs later!

icicledreamz
10-06-09, 01:05
Im on cipralex to. its my 12th day now. I felt more jittery at the beginning too, and when uping doses. But it'll take a few weeks for it to kick in so try to persevere through those symptoms. Your anxiety is still there and whats giving you panic attacks, so dont worry, it doesnt kick in right away. could take up to 6 weeks to get some effect. So just hang in there!

sunndyd
10-06-09, 07:26
i have been put staight on 20 mg may try takin it in the night instead

sunndyd
10-06-09, 08:23
i tended to suffer from anxiety not panic attacks so this feels like ten steps back :weep: :weep:

sunndyd
10-06-09, 15:34
managed to speak to the dr again i think im doing there heads in they said i can half the tablets for a couple of days see how i feel. His 1st repsonse was its what you was prescribed to which my response was but im scared of taking it :weep:

sunndyd
10-06-09, 15:35
i had the same proble when started to take the diazepam 2

sunndyd
10-06-09, 15:36
Im on cipralex to. its my 12th day now. I felt more jittery at the beginning too, and when uping doses. But it'll take a few weeks for it to kick in so try to persevere through those symptoms. Your anxiety is still there and whats giving you panic attacks, so dont worry, it doesnt kick in right away. could take up to 6 weeks to get some effect. So just hang in there!

what time of the day do you take it?

fedupofanxiety
10-06-09, 15:48
im on cipralex and ive been on it nealr a week my psychiatrist put me on 5 mg to start with as he sed i need to adjust for a week then be upped to 10 mg then more if need so i would go back to your gp or contact your local mental health team for advise!!

sunndyd
10-06-09, 16:05
i went back to the drs, and told him i was worried about taking the 20mg his response was that i was scared of taking the thablet so he said i could halve it for a couple of days, i pretty sure i have been on the 10mg in the past with no problem but still very scary isnt it? how you coping with taking it? i have heard people starting of starting on 10 mg. starting to think im stalking the surgery now that how bad its getting :O(

Sonya
10-06-09, 17:30
Ive also got a phobia of taking meds i get anxiety just from paracetamol! My gp knows how i feel about meds so he started me on 5mg and told me to go back wen i felt comfortable upping them again, i had to go back anway as i was getting awful panic attacks as side effects, i would ask your gp to prescribe you 5mg to build your confidence in taking them. dont be worried about phoning them i do it all the time lol their there to help you. Im on 10mg know and its been more gentler if i had started straight on 10 xx

fedupofanxiety
10-06-09, 17:32
i think you should half them or go back to the docs maybe you could see a different doctor and explain you have talked to other people that have started of on 5 mg!!

sunndyd
10-06-09, 17:54
erm im pretty sure i had them in the past and it was 10 mg i was on so im going to try the 10mg fingers crossed i have no problems as im sure i didnt in the past its all the research that drives us all potty! but some in me cant stop! the problem with me is at the moment i get panicky at taking anything even when i was thinking i was calm like the other day, i guess a panic type symptom an hr after the 1st dose was my subconscious me freaking out, despite me trying to concentrate on other stuff, i think it was because i felt funny for a sec and atributed it to the tablet and ended up feeling panicky

sunndyd
10-06-09, 17:54
what time of day does anyone take theres?

Sonya
10-06-09, 19:44
i take mine first thing in the morning

sunndyd
10-06-09, 20:19
Ive also got a phobia of taking meds i get anxiety just from paracetamol! My gp knows how i feel about meds so he started me on 5mg and told me to go back wen i felt comfortable upping them again, i had to go back anway as i was getting awful panic attacks as side effects, i would ask your gp to prescribe you 5mg to build your confidence in taking them. dont be worried about phoning them i do it all the time lol their there to help you. Im on 10mg know and its been more gentler if i had started straight on 10 xx

how long have you been on them for now?

icicledreamz
11-06-09, 07:00
Sorry havent been on to post, I started on quarters of the 10 mg dosage a day, and i take it in the evening. around 6pm. im on 5mg now. If your having problems with the 10mg i suggest starting on a lower dosage. I havent had any problems the way i've been easing onto it. Its my 13th day today and 2 more days i up to a full 10mg. Sometimes it causes me to be a bit more jittery than normal. but all thesew symptoms do pass in a couple weeks so like i said before try to ride them out.

Sonya
11-06-09, 09:16
how long have you been on them for now?

ive been on them 15 days now, i feel a bit dizzy and sick this morning not sure if its side effects or ive got a bug, im feeling pretty moody aswell but hopefully it will all settle!

sunndyd
11-06-09, 09:34
yeah i have had the nausea 2 this morning, had a bit of a dodgy nights sleep but i think it the build of me taking the tablet! i tryin to work out ou if the dr said i could halve a couple of them cus i creckon i can cope like this but if i have to up it over the weekend and i feel worse not sure id cope

sunndyd
12-06-09, 16:35
ive been on them 15 days now, i feel a bit dizzy and sick this morning not sure if its side effects or ive got a bug, im feeling pretty moody aswell but hopefully it will all settle!
i have like a cough and throat thing weird

Sonya
12-06-09, 21:52
same here wonder if we have a bug or its anxiety!? I have noticed though that im not panicking about dieing from it, ive got health anxiety aswell and normally i would be telling myself to go a&e by now but its not bothering me so the tabs must be doing something!

sunndyd
12-06-09, 21:58
same here wonder if we have a bug or its anxiety!? I have noticed though that im not panicking about dieing from it, ive got health anxiety aswell and normally i would be telling myself to go a&e by now but its not bothering me so the tabs must be doing something!

lol i almost went to the dr but i cool took some paracetamol
it did give me a upset tummy and nausea thought which i here are common side effect i have joind the cipralex website to it has a diary www.ican.co.uk keep me posted on your progress :hugs:

Sonya
12-06-09, 22:21
i joined that website yesterday its really useful, im writing in the diary aswell, hopefully in a few weeks time we will see some progress and all these feelings and side effects would have been worth it! :)