PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else shake?

dragonfly
10-06-09, 03:25
Does anyone else shake uncontrollably with their panic attacks? Mine normally start with the racing heartbeat, cold sweaty hands, dizziness and shortness of breath, nausea, an overwhelming urge to run away from wherever I am and then I start shaking uncontrollably even after the other symptoms have passed. I am currently living with my family and my mother just keeps 'stop shaking, stop shaking' but I can't. I don't have any control over when it will stop. I'm to scared to talk to my doctor becasue I'm afraid she'll laugh at me and my mother always comes with me to my appointments because I have a disability (spinal cord injury) and she doesn't believe in anxiety disorders. I don't know what to do. Is the shaking normal?

mdLc
10-06-09, 04:51
Hi....

YES..shaking with my panic attacks is common for me...usually its my leg that shakes uncontrallably.
I also get dizziness and need to grab my hair back extremely tight, flutters in my chest and all the other symptoms that this monster brings.

Panic and anxiety is a very real issue, years ago people referred to it as a nervous breakdown and were hospitalized to recieve meds(that usually kept people mildly or fully sedated ) and shock treatments.

Thankfully the medical field has recognized these disorders and now there are many ways and resources to help deal with it.

Hope you are feeling a bit better!:hugs: