PDA

View Full Version : what is the diffrence

bryan2399
03-09-05, 20:25
what is the difference between anxity and panic?

bryan

Meg
03-09-05, 20:36
Its very personal but one possibility is:

sleep = 0

pottering around ok = 2

Driving/ working = 5

nervous = 6

Fretting = 7

Anxious = 8

Really anxious = 9

Panic = 10

or whatever your personal scale is

genarally a full blown panic is off the scale

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
03-09-05, 20:42
You can feel anxious without having a panic attack..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

SickofIt
03-09-05, 20:53
I always thought (at least for me) that anxiety (or an anxiety "attack) came from a source that you could easily identify and it basically just meant that it was worry magnified. Panic attacks seem to come from nowhere (at least for me), but as most sufferers know, that isn't really true. Panic attacks are 10x worse than anxiety and are usually accompanied by strange physical and mental symptoms that anxiety doesn't always have.

melanie
03-09-05, 21:18
Hi bryan
i am not quite sure what the difference between anxiety and panic is but to me the anxiety is the worst as at least if you have the panic you get a kind of relief after. no offence to anyone that suffers from panic attacks as i have been there but i think there is a fine line.
hope i havent waffled.
love mel xx

melanie

nomorepanic
03-09-05, 21:19
Try this previous post

What's the difference between panic and anxiety? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2963)

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

chong
12-06-08, 12:03
You can feel anxious without having a panic attack..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

:yesyes: :yesyes: HOW TRUE INDEED.

:flowers: :flowers: nervous = 6

Fretting = 7

Anxious = 8

Really anxious = 9

Panic = 10

:scared10: :scared10: YES, PANIC IS 10. MANY THANK FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS.:yesyes: :yesyes:

Tom_M
12-06-08, 12:30
From a biological and instinctive view. Anxiety is being on continues alert and readiness in the presence of danger. Whereas a panic attack is a full flight or fight situation, where the danger is imminent and action needs to be taken immediately.

All seems very primitive, but that's what it is - we still have these primitive instincts in a 21 century world.

Tom

eeyorelover
12-06-08, 13:00
Adding to everyone else's thougtht - which are spot on by the way ...
You can be in an anxious state indefinitely but panic comes and goes.
It doesn't have the ability to last that anxiety does.