PDA

View Full Version : insomnia

muppet
10-06-09, 12:53
Hi everyone. Just wondered if anyone can advise me. Been on citalopram 7 mths. 20mg at 1st. Now been 5 mths on 40mg. The insomnia i had experienced previous to taking the medication had gone.
BUT i gave up smoking 2 wks ago after doing it for about 30 yrs. ( got fed up with it and did it for the children ) I only had patches for 3 days and was fine. No cravings etc. The nurse thinks being on the citalopram may of helped.
Now the insomnia is back. really fed up about it!! Do you think it is because i'm not smoking?

suzy-sue
10-06-09, 13:00
Dont really know but it does sound possible tho.Itll pass like everything does.(what a pain !) But its great that you have kicked the ciggies! sounds encouraging as I keep making threats to quit myself,Im also on Cit. Well done to you :yahoo: Sue x

bumblegoat
10-06-09, 13:04
Hi there, CONGRATULATIONS on giving up smoking, that is some achievement after 30 years! My hubbie has also just given up the habit after nearly thirty years, so I know what a struggle it is! As for the insomnia, I have suffered on and off all my life, there doesn't seem to be anything in particular that triggers these episodes, but they can surely get you down while they last!! You must stay positive and tell yourself it wont last forever! Keep up the good work

muppet
10-06-09, 18:36
thanks guys for your answers and support. will stick with it!!!