PDA

View Full Version : New to this tpye of thing.

Anxious-in-Canada
10-06-09, 13:11
Hello:

I have had sequence of events that found me prescribed Citalopram (Celexa) in 20mg dosage. My Doctor said to go for the 20mg right away, but if I felt too anxious to cut it back to half a tablet.

I am on day 2 (or second dose) of 20mg, how many people have just started with 20mg and forced through the course of this drug getting into their system? I find I am extremely anxious in the morning, wake at 4am and then lay there in bed snoozing til my alarm goes off...

I try to hurry getting the kids ready and off to work, but wonder if I should stay home to rest and adjust in private? Any suggestions?

The other complication is I have no appetite so eating is also effecting me too, does this "lack of appetite" go away with this drug?

lizzy101
10-06-09, 20:19
hi there .. im on week 3 of citalopram and after 2 weeks my doctor put my dose up from 20mg to 40mg .. the first week of taking the 20mg were really hard ! just like u my appetite went and i felt soo sleepy .. dry mouth .. and generally felt spaced out .. im lucky as i have been given some time off work to deal with everything - including the effects of this drug .. if u can - its a good idea to get some sort of 'time off' wether its with ur children or work ..
personally im still waiting for the great effects of citalopram to kick in .. quite fustrating but im going to stick it out because iv read so many positive comments about it.. and it does take 2-6 weeks to get into ur system .. so its a bit of a waiting game! feel free to pm ..
all the best x :)
lizzy